Inner Tube

colly

what inner tube is every one using on the rear, i was using a halo 3mm thick but the valve sheared off, any more that is around 3mm thick? was going to get another halo but it will mean i have to pay £4 postage off wiggle :ermm: thanks colly

One thing to definately try, is even with just a normal tube, when you're putting the tyre on, put loads of talcum powder in there. (In between the tyre and tube) This means there is less friction between tube and tyre, so is a lot less likely to pinch. :ermm:

Give it a try. :)

Mike.

One thing to definately try, is even with just a normal tube, when you're putting the tyre on, put loads of talcum powder in there. (In between the tyre and tube) This means there is less friction between tube and tyre, so is a lot less likely to pinch. :ermm:

Mike.

That's what I do, and I haven't had a puncture on the rear for over a year! :)

I've got a big ass Kenda tube in my rear tyre. 2.6 - 3.0 inch I think, about that in thickness too :ermm:

I'm not joking it is sooo thick! No puntures for me though in a long time

*runs off to touch the biggest, thickest bit off wood I can find*

:o

I agree with Aust on this, there is no need to run anything but a standard tube, especialy if u have a decent tyre, i run a maxxis high roller, about 20psi with a standard tube, i am 18stone and have not has a puncher since last summer (also touchs a huge lump of wood), but doing what Mike said is also a very good idea.

Adam

i just run standard tubes in my minion and they seem to hold up fine. Granted i did pinch my old one but it was pretty worn and a free MBUK one. My latest normal tube is as strong as needed whilst at the same time it's a reasonable weight.

george

well im not really bothered about a bit of weight i run a high roller, but i think the payoff for more resistant to pinches is better because every time i run a standard tube it pinches

mate.. go and find a massive tree and touch it:P :P

Mike.

Try that before worrying about tubes.

Mike. :)

Or you could try going tubeless... ?

Oh yeah, i actually forgot about that. :)

Yeah, if you really want to eliminate pinches, go tubeless. :ermm: Although i've discovered that watering down the latex before putting it in your tyre is a must. It might not seal as quickly, but it'll stop the latex drying in the tyre!

Mike. :) :P

I use Asda quality ineer tube's for only £2.  :ermm:

Ditto. Been using the same one for a year in the rear no punture and two tyres used. One on the front pinched the other day when I hit it hard on the edge of a sharp wall.

You dont need to spend alot on tubes normal tubes do fine so long as they are the right size.

i have been and still am running a maxxis DH tube in the rear. Its been going over a year now without any punctures :ermm:

I like having the piece of mind that i can land a bit heavy and not get a pinch. So long as the tube isnt stretched too far, i.e use a 2.3 tube in a 2.3 tyre, then it should be fine.