Hmm, Front Rim Had A Make Over.

Bigman

as at the moment i can not ride, due to being abit on the big side an snapping my CK axle, i got abit bored today, and got the drill out and to my front rim, again, this resulted in my DX32 having onza style countersunk sidewalls, i realy like it, what u guys think:

gallery_84_50_49791.jpg

gallery_84_50_156282.jpg

gallery_84_50_97572.jpg

Hope u like.

Adam

Looks like you did a neat job :D Probably not saved much weight but it looks good  :P

How hard was it to do? I assume you used a pillar drill?

dunno if it lost much weight, not to bothered to be honest, just love the way it looks, lol, how gay is that :"> .

Normaly i would have used a pillar drill, but because i was a lazy b*****d and could not be bothered to de-build my wheel i used just a standard electric drill, it is easy enough to do, it just takes a while, as u have to drill each hole, then go around with the counter sink tool and counter sink each one, like i said, i was very bored.

Adam

as at the moment i can not ride, due to being abit on the big side an snapping my CK axle, i got abit bored today, and got the drill out and to my front rim, again, this resulted in my DX32 having onza style countersunk sidewalls, i realy like it,

Haha, i know the feeling, your bored and want to play :D . But i must you've made a super fine effort mate. Looks beautiful. Lots nicer than the onza rims as the holes are spaces out further!

Cheers,

Joe.

im guessing you just drilled the holes by eye, to the side of each spoke?

cheers

Will

Yes, i did do it by eye, i get VERY impatient when marking things out, and when it is my own stuff, i just tend to go right ahead :"> the holes are on on each spoke, and then one inbetween, if it was somebody else's wheel i would mark it all out nicely :D

Glad every one seems to like it.

Adam

PS: nick, chat to u on msn. :P