Fast Car Videos

Michael Hardman

127.3 mph, max. Thats the maximum speed of a falling object due to gravity as far as I know. Not quite 327mph is it.

Well circus you make it sound so unimpressive that a team of highly skilled mechanics have managed to engineer a machine to propel itself at 300+ miles per hour. You made it sound as though you could do something better with your eyes closed.

Which I highly doubt.

If you don't give a shit, then why post?

unimpressive

Yes, it was.

I posted that because I can think of more productive things to do than get;

a team of highly skilled mechanics have managed to engineer a machine to propel itself at 300+ miles per hour.

I never said that I could do better, I purely stated my opinion that it was shit. Going fast in stuff is shit and pointless.

There's being pedantic, then there's being a dick.

A glider would technically go slower, so you'd have to take that? Or maybe a Sopwith Camel or something?

Either way, it didn't really do it for me, but it's about as 'pointless' as trials is, I guess.

I purely stated my opinion that it was shit. Going fast in stuff is shit and pointless.

A lot of people would say that riding silly bikes over obstacles is shit and pointless too...and they'd be right. That's what those guys do, leave them to it!

I personally find no thrill in drag racing, but incredible feats like Richard Noble's Thrust SSC car which broke the sound barrier to me is brilliant, when people told him it was impossible he fought and went ahead with it. There was a lot more to that project than a hunk of metal going fast.

Dave

But at the same time the topic title clearly states its content. If the stated content doesn't interest you, why click it in the first place?

And even worse, why post in it, in a way that (on TF) would cause an arguement?

Sam :)

Good video's (N)

edit: three replies in the time I wrote this post (Y) damn the popularity of this forum.

Edited by Fishwog

Yep. The speed is theoretically infinite!

yeh depending at what heights you can drop an object from....

it will eventually reach its terminal velocity..when it goes at its constant speed when all things are balanced...and it no longer accelerates downwards but falls at a constant speed.

Edited by Bondy

yeh depending at what heights you can drop an object from....

it will eventually reach its terminal velocity..when it goes at its constant speed when all things are balanced...and it no longer accelerates downwards but falls at a constant speed.

But the terminal velocity depends on the object.......

Both statements are correct.

Terminal velocity does indeed occur when all the forces acting on a falling object are equal, resulting in zero acceleration and a constant falling velocity.

Obviously the force acting downward on the object is its own weight (a function of its mass times gravitational acceleration), though as proved by the great Newton himself, mass is irrelevant as all objects will fall with the same acceleration (that caused by gravity alone).

The force reacting in the upward direction is that of drag, this value is directly linked to the shape of the object (its coefficient of drag or cd. for short). At low speeds this does not affect the objects fall, but at higher speeds the drag force builds till the object reaches a speed where both forces are equal and it is here where the object no longer accelerates.

You want fast, get yourself down to Santa pod this coming weekend

Top Methonol Funny Cars

Top Fuel Dragsters

Bikes

Pro Stock

A fair range being a run what you brung event.

The lot.

Give us a shout if you want more info :ermm:

Tom

These cars run NO nitrous oxide, superchargers or turbochargers yet are still able to run in the low 6s. Now that is pretty damn impressive for a car with "proper" doors.

You sure there's no fuel funny cars or methanol dragsters? :(

Ouch sorry about that, I'm getting all my dates muddled up.

This weekend is the 3rd Power Nationals at Avon Park...I.E Shakespeare Raceway.

Championship Drag Racing Action featuring Top Fuel, Top Methanol, Jet Car and Sportsman Classes

And yea, you see vids of top fuelers and think, f*ck me thats fast, but in real life. oh my god!

Including some good old american muscle, there fecking loud!

Check out here!

Tom

P.s Under 16's are free :ermm:

These cars run NO nitrous oxide, superchargers or turbochargers yet are still able to run in the low 6s.  Now that is pretty damn impressive for a car with "proper" doors.

You sure there's no fuel funny cars or methanol dragsters?  :ermm:

Well top end top fuel dragsters and methanol do run "Nos". Costs around £500ish (May be way off, but I know there that for normal dragsters) for system install and puts out around another 10Bhp, which compared to the 6000 they push out is not a lot realy.

And I think there might just be some top fuel funny cars, don't think there will be any top Meth' Dragsters though.

Lets just see what turns up, even if there is none, it's still an amazing experience seeing a top fueler roar past....Feels like your being punched in the chest :)

Tom