Single Speed Tensioners

TomN

Hi, I was going to buy my mates DMR Simple Tension Seeker but when I try to put it on the roller wont reach the chain and my chain is perfectly in line. I have a Echo Pure 04 1080, just wanted to know what single speed tensioners will work on my Pure, already running a Sora but wanted something light and out the way like as I am sidehoping to my right now.

Thanks

Hi, I was going to buy my mates DMR Simple Tension Seeker but when I try to put it on the roller wont reach the chain and my chain is perfectly in line. I have a Echo Pure 04 1080, just wanted to know what single speed tensioners will work on my Pure, already running a Sora but wanted something light and out the way like as I am sidehoping to my right now.

Thanks

my mate had very same problem with his 2003 putbull and a shitty dmr piece of poo, hes got a surly singlutor now, works fne, ive got 1 too

The jockey wheel ones, if I understand what you're saying, are just the older model of the Singulator.

They worked perfectly. Still a million miles better than any heap DMR have tried.

Go for it, highly recommened.

I run the newer one with the guide wheels, but there's not a great deal of difference, and I know people who have run the older ones and been just as happy.

Can still bend the mech hnager though (Y)

Isnt that the same as having a mech on though :)

So can any tensioner :P

well it has two jockey wheels but thats the only way it's like a mech, i've tried the new and old DMR and the new and old Surley and this beats all of them in strenght and tension (N) what more can I say

about the dmr you can space it out, undo the bolt that the jockey wheel is on and space it out with some washers they are great tensioners mine was awsome it just seems to me some people cant set them up right so they dont get on with them.

the rohloff one that Xdream is using i will second that its the dogs nutts!

as iv had mine about 2-3months and waked it and bashed it, i aint taking ne pictures cos its absolutly raped!!!!! and i havent broken a hanger with it, only when landing straight down on it has it done any damage as going side ways on sidehops its inline with the drop out therefore not bending hanger but if going far enough up then wheel slipping off edge all weight over one side i have bent 1 hanger like that and thats what raped the tensioner. but its still kool.

Waynio........................

expensive but worth every penny as Xdream will probably agree?

expensive but worth every penny as Xdream will probably agree?

Well worth the money :) I'd rather spend a bit more cash and forget about it than to be thinking about my chain skipping due to a poorly tensioned chain.

Xdream, It cant be a trials bike in that pic ^^ ?

Hub ooks like 1 of those with integrated gears on childrens bikes..

I got the pic from the Rohloff website, I may go and take a pic of mine if you lucky (Y)"

with the rohloff do you get chainline issues? as isnt it only meant for singlespeed frames like in the pic, ive asked this before and didnt get a reply.

Yes it's a bit different to a normal tensioner as it it's not ajustable (which I think is better) so this means you have to space your gear to line up with the tensioner but once it's done you can forget about it (N)

Get buy in my eyes :P

Singlespeed tensioners seem to be more hassle than they are worth, and once the spring goes once they tend to keep losing tension. Id take a mech any day of the week. plus 3 sora mechs or 2 tiagra for the price of a surly. and the mech will probably last longer anyway. Just run the chain so short that theres almost no mech to hit cuz its pulled in so far.

Althought that tensioner does look the dogs lala's :o

Singlespeed tensioners seem to be more hassle than they are worth, and once the spring goes once they tend to keep losing tension. Id take a mech any day of the week. plus 3 sora mechs or 2 tiagra for the price of a surly. and the mech will probably last longer anyway. Just run the chain so short that theres almost no mech to hit cuz its pulled in so far.

Althought that tensioner does look the dogs lala's  :)

You can't pull the chain to tight or it will just snap when you land on the bashring so you need a bit of slack in the chain for the mech to take up :o

You can't pull the chain to tight or it will just snap when you land on the bashring so you need a bit of slack in the chain for the mech to take up :o

Mines short so the mechs out the way but i didnt mean so short that it was only just long enough, i just mean short enough so the mech is pulled forward like this:

gallery_2031_791_6021.jpg

Cuz if that was guna hit then so wud the frame. Besides ive hit that mech loads of times, its bent and it still works fine!!

Mines short so the mechs out the way but i didnt mean so short that it was only just long enough, i just mean short enough so the mech is pulled forward like this:

gallery_2031_791_6021.jpg

Cuz if that was guna hit then so wud the frame. Besides ive hit that mech loads of times, its bent and it still works fine!!

I have a 105 thats even closer than that, touching the stay almost, its fine.

I have to agree with wayne and matt on this, those rolhoff tensioners are awsome, but i do not have one as i can not afford it, i do on the other hand have an XTR mech, :ermm:" (got it free, before anybody says anything) it keeps very nice tension, and can take a hammering, i have 90 degreed my hanger with this mech, and it is still mechanicly perfect, it has scratched etc, like u would expect it to, here is a pic of my bike atm, with my mech showing how tight my chain is, not sure if having the mech that tight is a good thing or not, but it isn't my wheel i am running at the moment, so meh.

gallery_84_50_32697.jpg

Adam

PS: rex is yummy.