My New Ride: T-sex

BI-KING

Hi people,

Just want to show you all my new frame, its a t-rex and its been stripped silver :D" I think it looks well good and it rides like a dream :) Just want to see what other people think of it :o

gallery_3267_7_38135.jpg

gallery_3267_7_71171.jpg

gallery_3267_7_37118.jpg

gallery_3267_7_11538.jpg

Edited by BI-KING

May i ask how you stripped the front end?  And it take its already polished underneith?

The frame is second hand, just got it 2 days ago and it was sprayed red when it arrived, so i decided to strip the whole thing. I used nitromorse, The paint came off really easy and the after I wipped it all off and polished it up I was amazed at how well it came out, Really shiny!!! :o

jesus christ on a bicycle :ermm::):S

thats SO smart!!!!

ill be totally honest, im not 100% keen on the rex paint job, and im getting mine tomorow!!!!

i do however love the silver look, and i want to be stripping mine asap!

what did u use to get the nitro off once it had eaten the paint away?surely if u sanded/brushed it off you wouldnt get the lovely shiney finish???

did it take much polishing up to get the finish that good?

i definately want to do that to mine asap! ive been thinking of it, but wasnt sure how easy it would be, and we all know the end result when a home stripping attempt isnt done properly.... manky greyish frames which look nasty!

looks awesome!!!!

Nope, thats the state the frames are in before theyre painted. They are ball burnished (think Coust) and then the paint goes on. Expensive to do, yet they still come out at £249. Tells you something...

Nope, thats the state the frames are in before theyre painted. They are ball burnished (think Coust) and then the paint goes on. Expensive to do, yet they still come out at £249. Tells you something...

that tells you that they are fecking awesome frames!!!!

i understand tehy are like that pre painting tarty, but what im asking, is how do you get the paint off without damaging that gorgeous shiney finish? as surely if u put nitromors on then set to it with a wire brush youd kill it!!!!

is that ball burnished finish not laquered or coated at all?

could you just use loads of nitromors and scrub it off very hard with a soft cloth?

righty ho then :ermm: ill be doing that next week :):D:D

would u reccomend putting nitro on the rear end as well to remove the laquer to get a totally even finish? and should i relaquer the whole lot after stripping it all?

sorry to ask so many Q's and move awy from the topic... but ive enver really polished a frame before! so in knew to this :(

righty ho then :ermm: ill be doing that next week :(:D:D

would u reccomend putting nitro on the rear end as well to remove the laquer to get a totally even finish? and should i relaquer the whole lot after stripping it all?

sorry to ask so many Q's and move awy from the topic... but ive enver really polished a frame before! so in knew to this :P

Thats what I'd do. :)

jesus christ on a bicycle :P:S:S

thats SO smart!!!!

ill be totally honest, im not 100% keen on the rex paint job, and im getting mine tomorow!!!!

i do however love the silver look, and i want to be stripping mine asap!

what did u use to get the nitro off once it had eaten the paint away?surely if u sanded/brushed it off you wouldnt get the lovely shiney finish???

i definately want to do that to mine asap! ive been thinking of it, but wasnt sure how easy it would be, and we all know the end result when a home stripping attempt isnt done properly.... manky greyish frames which look nasty!

looks awesome!!!!

To get the paint off without scratching it I simply just used tisue paper to wipe it off then, wahsed it under water and applied more nitromorse to get all the excess paint off. Then finally I gave it a polish :) Its really simple to do :(

Thanks for all the comments :ermm:

ahhh my old front wheel :S beauty!!!

is that my old bmf at the back?

looks great mate, well done :)

Yeah front wheels a beauty lol, and still holding up well :P Thats a different BMF rim to the one a got off you, but yours is getting drilled and built up on the front soon :D"

:D

Edited by BI-KING

I really like the look of that, except for the front rim and front brake lever, you need to strip them too :blink:

I totally agree, really dont like that rim atall.

May i ask how you drilled that rear rim 'cause i might do my ronnie tomorrow and i cant remember the old posts about drilling your rims, so please tell all.

I totally agree, really dont like that rim atall.

May i ask how you drilled that rear rim 'cause i might do my ronnie tomorrow and i cant remember the old posts about drilling your rims, so please tell all.

Whats wrong with the front rim?? :( works fine for me :) and the rear rim was bought like that, the lad who had it before me drilled it out, I think he just used a hole saw 1" holes :blink:

I decided to leave the stickers on my onza, but i have got some x-lite fors and stem to go on and for a bit of colour im gona stick a red viz fixed hub on the back and a front red viz hub on the front (Y) dont wana mess my frame up by trying to get stickers off he he

cheers

Rich

Now doesn't this look better!

God i fookin hate shi88y macs! Cant even put an image up!

Try again shall we

No still didnt work! God im gonna smash this thing!

Will put up when I get home and can use a proper pc!

Edited by Rob P