Anyone Got A Clip Of Josh Bender?

giantwhore

Wrong vid I think.

Its in New World Disorder 3 i think, and itsa bout 80foot Wades Simons did it aswell, Bender crashed as he overshoot the landing so technically it was 100foot crash.

I havent get it anymore due to rebooting computer but Im sure they have it on www.pinkbike.com under the vid section, if not try posting in the forum on pinkbike or mbuk they will ahveit for sure.

The landing's not important, it's the air-time.

To quote the man himself. If you're riding purely to make other companies (your sponsors) happy, then I guess it works. In mag ads, it's just the air that's shown, so if that looks good I guess from that pov it doesn't matter if you mess up.

So yeah, there we go. One of the reasons Mr. Bender's always been a twat in my opinion...

Josh Benders not a good rider. Not now you've got lunatics like Darren Berrecloth (sp) doing 360's off 60ft drops. If I wanted to I'd throw myself off a cliff and intentionally land back wheel first and make a landmine sized crater with the front wheel, but how does this show any skill? Especially if being done on a custom built monster travel karpiel. Riders like Wade Simmons are the ones who need the respect for actually riding away every time on a standard bike.

James

Benders quite a trail beast from what i hear, hes landed (shock horror) a backflip over a 50ft gap.

Would that be an mbuk 50 feet (more like 10 feet but thats mbuk for you)? i know what you guys mean, he really doesnt have any respect from me... :P

Josh Benders not a good rider. Not now you've got lunatics like Darren Berrecloth (sp) doing 360's off 60ft drops. If I wanted to I'd throw myself off a cliff and intentionally land back wheel first and make a landmine sized crater with the front wheel, but how does this show any skill? Especially if being done on a custom built monster travel karpiel. Riders like Wade Simmons are the ones who need the respect for actually riding away every time on a standard bike.

James

Would that be an mbuk 50 feet (more like 10 feet but thats mbuk for you)? i know what you guys mean, he really doesnt have any respect from me...  :P

Having the balls to do stuff like that is a skill of its' own. It's really annoying people don't see this kinda thing. It might not need a lot of 'technique', but it needs guts. Not alot of people can chuck themselves off stuff the size he does.

I bet if "you wanted" you wouldn't actually throw yourself "off a cliff and intentionally land back wheel first and make a landmine sized crater with the front wheel". I highly doubt it. I bet you wouldn't even do it on a Karpiel :P

Don't want to sound like a tit, but he deserves respect for doing huge stuff, just as Simmons and Berrecloth deserve respect for being tech.

It's like the whole UCI vs Street thing. You don't have to ride one or the other, but you can respect it for what it is surely. The whole "they look shit when riding" thing, and "Shit BMX is shit" and "UCI is for gays" is bollocks.

Why can't we just ride for the sake of it, christ.

Edited by Dave Gill

Having the balls to do stuff like that is a skill of its' own.  It's really annoying people don't see this kinda thing. It might not need a lot of 'technique', but it needs guts. Not alot of people can chuck themselves off stuff the size he does.

I bet if "you wanted" you wouldn't actually throw yourself "off a cliff and intentionally land back wheel first and make a landmine sized crater with the front wheel". I highly doubt it. I bet you wouldn't even do it on a Karpiel :P

Don't want to sound like a tit, but he deserves respect for doing huge stuff, just as Simmons and Berrecloth deserve respect for being tech.

It's like the whole UCI vs Street thing. You don't have to ride one or the other, but you can respect it for what it is surely. The whole "they look shit when riding" thing, and "Shit BMX is shit" and "UCI is for gays" is bollocks.

Why can't we just ride for the sake of it, christ.

very good point :P

As far as I'm aware, as of the summer just gone, the largest drop LANDED was 48ft, by both Josh Bender and Tyler Klassen.

The largest drop TRIED was the Jah Drop, which you are talking about, which was 65ft, and is featured in NWD1, the original try, and then NWD2 as well when he tries it another three or so times.

So unless I've missed out on an awful lot (possible), 100ft is quite a lot out.