Tyketrial On Sunday.........

I ahvnt received my ACU card yet, tis quite worrying! BUt i no my membership no. so should be ok...right?

If you've got your ACU card, bring it - if you haven't received it yet, but applied for it through either TykeTrial or NBTC then that's ok. :)

I'm definately going, but i'd like to think there will be 2 laps of 10 sections rather than the immensly anoying 3 laps of 7. There is so much more queueing and therefore people are still riding the sections at 4:15, when some people have to get home in time for work (my dad is a farmer, yet he always observes).

I know that the club struggles to get enough observers, but at the last trial (april, Brimham rocks) there were enough observers to take 10 sections, but only 7 had been set out on the previous day. When i first joined the club there were two sets of sections which required 20 observers in total, now we struggle to get enough for one set of sections.

Trials cannot run without observers!! So if your going try to get a relative or the person who is taking u (if ur not going on ur own) to observe. Its not hard and dont worry about experience, there's a first time for everyone.

Please help!!!

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by walk_aw

two laps of ten is better for queing i agree, but 3 of 7 is good because you get to have 3 goes at improoving your score on each section.

i have entered on sunday but aint sure if i am gonna go, as at the last one i got wrongly accused of alltering a section before the trial. and then slated on here for a week for no aparent reason. so i aint sure if i wanna try and ride when there is a bad atmosphere being created by some of the lieing, wrongly accusing,non apologising, people that will be there.

rob

Edited by onzabob

hes not trying to get sympathy dave.... rob is extremely pissed off because he is getting accused of somethign he didnt do... i KNOW FOR A FACT ! that the butlers and rob did not move anything in that section they where down in the car park talking with me and my dad the whole time up until the trial started..

Why does this end up being a continuation of the arguement that happemed ages ago. I made a valid point that i feel quite strongly about (I hate 3 laps of 7 sections) and it ends in the continuation of the disagreement from the last trial. I'm not on anyones side, iand i speak for quite a lot of people, so this disagreement does not need to take place on the forum anymore.

Anyway...

...i sent my entry off first thing this morning, so it will definately get to Barbara tomoro, will that be alright, i know that it id one day past the deadline??

-Andrew

I sent my entry off today, I did only recieve it on Tuesday :( .

2 laps of 10 is better I think, With 3 laps of 7 it's pretty hard to get lucky 3 times, but only 2 laps you could lucky twice (Y)" with 3 laps of 7 it always feels like the day is dragging on, and I never enjoy it as much.

Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure it will be great, addingham is such a good place.

Phil.

Just set the sections out today and we have done 2 laps of ten sections.

We explored new places to ride up there and every section is totally original from anthing what has been ridden there in the previous several years of comps. at Addingham Moorside.

Should all be good from the looks of the sections we have done.

Good Luck Everyone (you WILL need it if its wet tommorow) >_<

Hope to see plenty of people there.

and dont forget your ACU Membership Cards.

Bucky

rob stop spitting your dummy out!

if you read the posts there was nothing to mention about your name (being put in the dirt) your in it for the sympathy vote and clearly your going to winge about it. you dont have to turn up? but at the end of the day it WAS NOT your name mentioned in the other post it was 2 other names and all this was sorted out last week. just to let you all know the sections cant be altered too much cos we taped most of em. PURELY so nothing can be messed about with.its out of the air if its still in it then just get over it. i had to?and i had to spend all the time on the saturday marking the sections out...........

if your there your there if your not your not. but i dont see why your being fussy bout it? i didnt want to go to the YMSA last week but i did? and niggles and stuff dont get to me rob im more of a man it takes more than words to put me down mate!

the sections are 2 of 10 like bucky says, i will need if possible alot of feedback from the people in novice and inter if poss tomorrow on how hard/easy it was. so if you see me just pull me over and let me know.

Cheers Waynio.................................

there are some SICK sick SICK elite sections tomorrow.

EDIT i dont want to seem to be having a go at rob but the OTHER thing that happened is/was 2 weeks old and its been and gone i dont want him thinking that it is still in the air and that he should be feeling sorry or aggrevated about it when it WAS NOT him that was mentioned in the event that happened.

Edited by Waynio

bucky ours that we set out are the newer ones..............

but i think andrew boyes and lil chris marked out on SOME of the stuff that has been in before BUT made it different. its a completly different place addingham when everything has been cut down and stuff.

Andrew your completly right about the 20 observers thing about 3-4 years ago >_< i think its about people wanting to watch their lads around. especially the younger lads, for me and bucky our girlfriends are going and are willing to observe a section either together or one next to each other. so producing observers shouldnt be a problem (hopefully)

like you said bout the last one there was plenty of observers and to be honest i think that its better observing now than it ever has been its much easier.

Waynio........................ :S iv given my ride up a couple of times to observe (Y) but thats when iv either been partly injured or begin of last year when you had to provide an observer at least once so i did it myself so i didnt have to do it again. it was good fun too its quite good to see how other riders look at sections and go through them.

Yeah, thats right wayne, you get to see everyone riding. My dad doesn't really like doing it, especially when there are only 7 sections. I think that is an offput to some parents because it makes the whole day drag on a lot longer because of the longer queues. 5 hours is a long time to observe, (it can get to that period of time). Another offput to parents is that some other parents or riders can get a bit too serious, and afterall its only a club trial. The most important thing about observing is consistancy.

See you all there tomorow, i'm really looking forward to it!!

-Andrew

Just finished sorting entries - 59 riders (although I suspect some will just turn up tomorrow - entries taken on the day) - quite evenly spread through the classes for once!

10 sections - 5 observer volunteers (plus I'm dragging my other half along so 6). We need 4 more observers to get started on time so bring along the girlfriend / mum / dad / brother / sister / friend !!! :S

Wayne, Tom and Chris have done some crazy sections (promise I only tweaked them a little bit Wayne, AND I left your BIG rock in this time (Y)" - we didn't get away till 5.30pm). Looking forward to doing the results!!!

See you all in the morning. >_<

Barbara

I cant wait.

I hope the sections are doable for me and my dodgy rear disk (Y) I dont wanna kill myself!

My mum will be observing (yet again!) She has observed at as many comps as she can since 99! I think she deserves a brake. We need more of people parents to observe, when my cars on the road my mum wont be bringing me to any comps, so thats one less observer for the future.

thanks for taking the tims to do the sections today guys, I cant wait to see them tomorrow >_<

cheers to everyone who turned up yesterday was a great trial!

thank you to all the observers too.............

i dragged my other half to observe and she set out with us the day before and did the punch cards and results along with barbera wright, jayne boyes and there was many more who helped out...........

hope to see everyone next month at back qown quarry....................the 1st weekend of next month.

cheers everyone.

Waynio.................................

EDIT was great to see 10 sections and even 10 sections to sort out the observing i think if we can get 10 observers every time that will be fantastic as andrew says there is usually less quieing and people get through and were off quicker.

Edited by Waynio