K.m.c Chains

Apollo13

no its not a kool chain, it part of the "z" range i guess.

So beacuse you broke one, that makes them shit  :)

No im not saying that, im only saying there crap because ive managed to break one in FOUR places, not one or two, now if they wernt crap then why did it break in four competly different places??

Nick :)

now if they wernt crap then why did it break in four competly different places??

I would guess it being something to do with the Z Chains being XC chains.

The Kool chain is a heavy duty chain, which is much more suited to trials.

Cheers,

Adam

Edited by tomturd

Chains break. Fact.

KMC's are some of the best not to mention easy to get hold of and not expensive. My kool broke the other day, it was quite old and that just means I need to buy another one which will last about a year.

Although you should try and replace them before they break.

from my experience i have found that all KMC chains are crap apart from the cool chain, this might not be rite but just every KMC chain iv had, iv snaped but iv never had a cool chain,

at the moment im running a KMC Z50 and its gunna snap soon i can feel it getta weaker by the day :)

.dan

from my experience i have found that all KMC chains are crap apart from the cool chain, this might not be rite but just every KMC chain iv had, iv snaped but iv never had a cool chain,

at the moment im running a KMC Z50 and its gunna snap soon i can feel it getta weaker by the day :)

.dan

That's 'cos it's rusty as a rusty rust thing! :P

Get a new chain! A new taya one from halfords :) I've had mine on for like, AGES, I mean 9 months? And it hasn't snapped, or given me any problemo's, and it's £3.99 I think.

And Danny, get a taya chain :)

That's 'cos it's rusty as a rusty rust thing! :P

Get a new chain! A new taya one from halfords :) I've had mine on for like, AGES, I mean 9 months? And it hasn't snapped, or given me any problemo's, and it's £3.99 I think.

And Danny, get a taya chain :)

risking your life there, i have my taya on for 4 days, then got a scram one for 3 weeks, then kmc kool and had it alomost a year i think..since my chain snap vid happened :)

Rite... 'Z' Chains are chunky(ish) but are Shi*t... if anyone has one, take it off before you kill yourself!!

Z chains look just like chains found on £150 BMXs from your local bike shop, but there silver instead of black and have a 'Z' engraved in the links..

Kmc Kool chains have funny shapped links, kind of like a 'Bubble style writing letter M'.

These are the ones you want and they're tough as fooook.

Apolo13.... You say yours snapped in 4 places.. If you had a different chain (apart from the half link chain,which is super strong!) it would have probally snapped ages ago before your KMC did!

Ry

:)

I had to take my Taya off for piece of mind.

I ran a KMC Z92 chain for quite a while and it didn't break, but I was operating a "Why have cotton when you can have silk?" policy so I got myself a Kool.

However, I'm tempted by the KHE Collapse chain - anyone know if they're any good?

Mark

i have snapped a kmc kool one year after buying it, im happy with that amount of non snappage for 10 quid :)

my motto.....

'buy a kool, wait a year, buy another kool'

:P

Will

You can count how many years you have been riding by how many kool kmc's you have laying in your shed!

Onzaboymark - have you got a link to sellage of the KHE Collapse chain ?

Also, i was thinking of geting some Super Pro Trials middleburns, but i have herd that because of the tiny chainring size,KMC's dont like them because of the harsh chain angle of the chain around the crank???

Anyone else herd this?? as i really want S-Pros but if it means not having a KMC, i wont get them.

Ry

:)

They were all in the most anoying places, i cant even get it fixed because of where they are :) , now i cant ride for ages because ive got no money to get a new one, and my dad wont even help me out, its not fair :-

that'll teach you! get a kmc kool when you get money :P

i know, it sucks when your bike aint working :P

Will

Edited by WILL ARNOLD