Interview At Halfords

thesubway

Hey,

Just be positive about the job and say you really would like to work with bikes/cars and say you think you will be quite good at the job as you have had loads of experience with bikes/cars and stuff :blink:

Try and make them think your the person for the job ;)

Edited by terror-error

Hey,

Just be positive about the job and say you really would like to work with bikes/cars and say you think you will be quite good at the job as you have had loads of experience with bikes/cars and stuff :lol:

Try and make them think your the person for the job (Y)

Wow. I would never have thought that was the way to go into an interview. I shall remember to ask a fourteen year old for tips when going for my next job interview. ;)

Just relax, try to enjoy the interview if you can. It's a good experience and you're sure to get the job anyway.

P.s. Don't give head til he makes the pass. You gotta read these situations very carefully. He may lean back in his chair, arms behind, his head in a kind of prolonged yawn/stretch movement . If the fly is half undone go for it. You may need to fish it out first, cos if his anatomy were to have broken cloth before he knows you'll gobble, it could cause embarassment for all parties concerned. :-"

Dan

yeah don't work there, they are a shite company to work for! go get a job in the local bike shop instead  ;)

I disagree.

I work there and i'm on £4.75 an hour.

It's easy work.

Bike related = better than most places like supermarkets etc.

Everyone who works there is looking to enjoy it and no-one's a fanny 'cept the manager.. lol.

-----

I had my interview there about 6 weeks ago, it was at the job centre, and I got the job :lol:

Just be yourself. Look the manager in the eye and be confident in your answers. Try to think about the question's they'll ask.

Like 'why would you be an asset to our company', and

'when were you a team player in your last job' and stuff like that.

Also shake their hands when you enter or leave. Preferably both!

That's about it really. I shit it more than I should of. Be confident that you're going to get the job. Try to tell him your main hobby is biking and that you go out really regularly. You've got dedication to it but you're flexible with hours.

Hope I helped you, and that you get the job (Y)

Nick

OK, Those who say Halfords is load of toss, etc, are complete rejects, You may think that it is shite, just because the bikes we sell are wank, most of the full time staff are competent in fixing a bike! part timers usually are shite, but we do have a few good ones at our store. I enjoy my job, we all ride bikes, and every one is prety sound, It is the managers who are tits, they ALL hate bikehut, even though we turn around more than any other department! I'm the full time mechanic at halfords in swindon, I work out the back on my own, with my own MINT tool set all locked up so only I can use them. I'm on 5.50 an hour, i'm only 17, so its not too bad, oh and those of you who are thinking, yer good one your 17, u dont know shit, I would love to prove you wrong (Y)

Anyway, It's a good job for bikers, much easier to get a job at halford than it is at a independant.

Just be honest, confident and ask questions, dont sit there and hod and occasionally grunt, you have to be enthusiastic about the job too. Give a STURN hand shake too, It may sound silly but if you give a pussy ass poofy hand shake, it shows you have no confidence.

Thats what I would and have done in interviews. I've been envolved in an interview for bike hut, I test the candidates mechanical skills, they dont have to be top bollock but they need to know a spanner from a hammer and a nut from a bolt, etc. You probly wont get tested, enless it is a big store with a full time mechanic who likes to take charge :lol:" . Ive only been asked to do this once so far, but it wil lbe mandatory from now on in my store, The standards are getting higher.

MEH. ;)

Stu

As a part time job its really good as its flexibal and enjoyable :-

My interveiw was not that hard really gave him my CV explained about my intrests and built a bike up for him. I must have given a good impression as i got the job there and then :D

The only down side I could say about the job is that when it gets real busy its a bit stressfull as we build the bikes in an open work shop area on the shop floor so when its busy you cant get on with doing on persons bike without another butting in. But this is mainly down to our store been seriously under staffed at the moment ;)

All the people i work with are all real nice too even the manager and i have met three new trials riders that work there :(

Also the christmas parties rule :lol:

So yer be confidant show your intrests and that you know what your talking about and good luck (Y) :(

most of the full time staff are competent in fixing a bike!

Must be a northern thing, as every Halfords I have been in, and its alot, there has yet to be one compitent bike mechainc.

Let alone the other departments, I wouldnt let a Halfords "mechanic" scrape the shit off my shoe, let alone fix My car.

You may have it nice where you work, but I garuntee you would be happier to work in a proper bike shop.

The only thing halofrds have going for them is:

They open Sundays, and late weekdays

They have a good selection of tools.

If your happy where you work, then you have at it, but MY PERSONAL OPINION is that Halfords is just another shop, where no one cares, or wants to care about fixing bikes or car, let alone have the required qualifications to do so. (aimed more at cars than bikes)

OK, Those who say Halfords is load of toss, etc, are complete rejects,

so i'm a reject??? i've worked in 3 bike shop and halfors aswell as loads of other places and halford was the worst company i've ever worked for, they don't give a shit about their staff and i hated it. i would never ever suggest any gets a job there, LBS's are usually 1,000 times better to work in!

kiss it mate, i'm no tard i know what i'm talking about because i've worked for them and having worked one job to another for the last 7 years i know what a good job is and what a shit job is and halfords was a shit job :P

OK, Halfords is load of toss, etc, we are complete rejects. it is shite,  because the bikes we sell are wank, most of the full time staff are incompetent fixing a bike! part timers usually are shite, we don't have any good ones at our store. I enjoy my nob, we all ride dikes, and every one is prety round, It is the managers who are tits, they ALL hate Pizzahut, even though we turn around less than any other department! I'm the full time manic at halfords in swindon, I work out the back on my own, with my tool. I'm on 5.50 an hour, i'm only 17, so its bad, oh and those of you who are thinking, yer good one your 17, u dont know shit, I would love to prove you wrong, but I won't be able to  :-

MEH.  :P

Stu

So we're rejects if we don't want to work in Halfords. I'd been assuming it was the other way round. :P

Dan

Must be a northern thing, as every Halfords I have been in, and its alot, there has yet to be one compitent bike mechainc.

Let alone the other departments, I wouldnt let a Halfords "mechanic" scrape the shit off my shoe, let alone fix My car.

--

If your happy where you work, then you have at it, but MY PERSONAL OPINION is that Halfords is just another shop, where no one cares, or wants to care about fixing bikes or car, let alone have the required qualifications to do so. (aimed more at cars than bikes)

Hey trials_pimp.

I'm not arguing. Just giving you my story! Oki?

To be quite honest. I know quite a lot about bikes. Mainly trails but a lot of freeride and shitty bikes like Saracens and the Konas etc. I can honestly say that our bikehut manager knows f**king LOADS about bikes. He's really good mechanic and can sort just about anything.

Also I know a couple of guys downstairs in Ripspeed who know loads, especially someone called Steff who's awesome at doing ICE stuff.

I'm pretty edit: happyat Halfords at the moment. It's not too bad. The shifts on Sundays (7 hours) are quite long but since you're with people you can talk to and stuff, it's not that bad. And realistically, it's money so i'm happy with it.

I totally agree that it's your opinion :P You can't ever change anyone elses opinion! I know that Halifax (my halfords) and Huddersfield (the one nearest us) have really capable staff in. Holroyde and Burnsy and more work at Hudd, and that's cool.

I'm not going to stick up for halfords anyway. To me they're an employer to give me money to go riding with, pimp my bike up, save for a car and get drunk on. Nothing more. I don't have very much 'loyalty' to them, and only a little guilt (I called in sick :"> when i wasn't..)!

It's a better job than Sainsburys anyway. It'll do me for the moment. I need something like the Police, or Graphic Design to keep me 100% happy. That'll come with experience and age however.

Thanks for reading the rant :-

Nick

Edited by mod661