Stripping Anodised Aluminium?

joe b

Would have liked another koxx rim to build my profile onto but there is no silver koxx rims in the country at the moment. So i picked an onza ronnie rim, and i dont want to have odd colour rims (front and rear). Onza ronnie rims are anodized black and nitromors doesn't work on anodized stuff >_< . So, does any body know what chemical you need to strip anodized aluminium and where do you get it from?

Cheers,

Sexy Joe...

im in the exact same position, koxx silver at front and black ronnie at the back.

anyone reccon that if you strip the black one that it will come out as good as a koxx silver?

*silence...*

As for the rotating sandy thingy... it wont get into the holes, or into the space next to the eyelets.

Listen to me hhah. I used Oven Cleaner on a bmx wheer and it worked well!!

Was it anodized? If so then what did you do exactly? Like, how long did you scrub for etc...

And where abouts would one find Phosphoric Acid and Chromic Acid?

Cheers,

Joe.

Was it anodized? If so then what did you do exactly? Like, how long did you scrub for etc...

And where abouts would one find Phosphoric Acid and Chromic Acid?

Cheers,

Joe.

I just done the sidewalls, but, coat the whole rim in oven cleaner, Mr Muscle I used, it will go a dull blue colour, repeat, scrub hard, some fine wet n dry to finish it off :S

It was an Alex Supra E, heavy basterd, anodised black.

Edited by rich4130

Thanks for all your help guys! Think im just going to get a Viz rim, hope adam hasn't started building the ronnie yet...

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by joe b

Thanks for all your help guys! Think im just going to get a Viz rim,

if you want to sacrifice good braking and extremely high strength for the sake of fashion, then yeah go for a viz rim

changing from a Viz rim to a Ronnie was the most effective upgrade i have ever made on a bike

trust me, afer a week you will be ripping your hair out with frustration becuase your brake will be crap, and you'l have some nice squashed sidewalls (Y)