British Biketrial Championship - Round 1

BikeTrial Federation

Now that licence holders have had their chance to get their entries in for the first round of the 2005 British BikeTrial Championship, the entry has been thrown open to other riders who don't have a BIU Licence.

All non-licence holders will ride on a non-competitive basis, so no prizes! But that does give you the opportunity to ride in a different coloured route to what the rules say.

So, for example, if the rules say that for your age or bike wheel size, that you must ride the red route - you can on a non-competitive basis ride the blue or white route! (The only exclusion is no non-competitive riders are allowed in the Yellow route.)

Also, there would be no questions asked about riding without "6 working gears"!

So if you fancy trying out riding at a National comp, without the Championship rules attached, now's the time to do it.

Venue: High Wood Farm, Near Brimham Rocks, Summerbridge, North Yorkshire

Date: Sunday 22nd May 2005

Start Time: 10.00am

Entry Fee: £13.00

Entry Closing date: Thursday 19th May

Entry Form here - mark the entry with "Non-comp" and the colour of the route you want to ride.

Hope to see you all there.

YOU MUST STILL HOLD AND PRESENT A CURRENT ACU LICENCE FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES

DO NOT RIDE ON THE MAIN BRIMHAM ROCKS - THIS IS NATIONAL TRUST LAND AND WILL LOSE THE FARM VENUE FOR FUTURE COMPETITIONS.

That is actually a properly sound idea (N) Kudos to whoever came up with it. Will the "non-competitive" riders get to know their score at the end, just so they know how they would've done? Or are you basically just letting them ride the sections?

That is truly one of the best ideas Biketrial UK has ever thought of :lol:

this should really help increase the enrties and is a nice stepping stone for riders that maybe started trials at an older age :S

Matt hoping to see a lot more people at round one :P

Yes - Licence holders still get priority entry should numbers get too high, and of course riding on a competitive basis.

Yay. Btw i think the idea of opening the comp to non license holders is a great idea to get people interested etc. If they like what they see and enjoy the day they will probably apply for a license etc...

Cya there people.

Stan.

i wanna go but cant due to work commitments ^_^

BUT if all goes bad im trying my best to be there, at the moment its looking bleak though.

il try my best barbara.

Waynio...........................

How many entries are in? and who else off here is going?????

LMAO!

Pat you should come and stop near where i live, you'll love a good old yorkshire night out!!! woowooo.

there will be somewhere to stay near me id be sure. in fact if your interested let me know and il find out for you?

Waynio.............................

yer wayne that would be cool if you could find out for me, i found one place at harrogate which isn't too bad, let me know asap (Y)

Not sure about going out i'm fairly skint as Barbara stole all my money :P"

yea wayne is there any cheap bb,s round ur area going out onthe sat night would be a laugh, looks like im either gonna drive up on the morning eans getting out of bed at 4.30am though :( or stay sum where in the area

yea wayne is there any cheap bb,s round ur area going out onthe sat night would be a laugh, looks like im either gonna drive up on the morning eans getting out of bed at 4.30am though :( or stay sum where in the area

There is a massive load of grass at the place, where they hold tyketrial 2 day events, I think you can camp there, probably best checking first.

Phil.

I hope alot more people have sent in their entry's now there is a non points entry scheme.We must remember alot of effort is put into these events especially on Barbara's part so i hope the entry's have increased :(.

-Hugh

Event was great i think a big thanks must go to the following:

Fred/Ben Savage for marking out an extremly mint course!

Barbara for sorting out everything up to the event!and opening the entry to non license holders.

All the observers who observed yesterday.

Mick Scriven for pointing out some interesting line to me in his section (should have told me how to do it before i had gone into it 1st time mick :) :P )

All the people who helped out on Control before and after the trial.

A really big thanks goes to everyone who was there and let me in front of them at the trial(could call it que jumping or fast passing :)" (Y) ). as i had to be back at work for 1/2ish. i ended up back at 1.30pm!

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as i did!!!!!!

Cheerz everyone.

Regards Waynio................................

Yea, I thought the event was run very well :) Big thanks to everyone who was involved in the event. I thought the sections were very well laid out, easy to follow and clearly marked which was good :) A couple of the sections were abit too long maybe, but they were fun to ride.

Looking forward to the next one (Y)

Stan.

I’m pleased you enjoyed the sections, I did my best to use new areas. The sections were on the long side, but with so many Brits going to the European and World rounds this year I feel it is important to offer events that will offer a taste of things to come.

All in all everyone seemed to be enjoying the challenge, a new format was tried for the mixed route riders which worked well.

I would like to say a big thanks to all those that observed or helped with admin, the event was a fine team effort, special thanks to those who managed to set record time calculating the results, it’s the earliest I have ever set off home from a British round.

I am sure the full results will be on line soon.

F.S.

how did she do that? are you talking ACU license?

No you can now ride without a BIU license but on a none competitive bases you still need an ACU license.

This also means you can enter any class with no limitations except yellow

Edited by Xdream

No you can now ride without a BIU license but on a none competitive bases you still need an ACU license.

This also means you can enter any class with no limitations except yellow

NOTE ..... this was only for this 1st round, and only after we knew the initial entry numbers and observer volunteers ... it's up to the organiser/secretary of each round whether they want to do this or not.

The important issue at British Champ level is to keep the quality of the event, minimising queuing, increasing enjoyment, etc. We reckon a maximum of 80 riders in a British round - we had 73 applications. Thanks to everyone!

Anyway, glad to read that you all enjoyed it. :)

Results now on-line www.biketrialuk.co.uk