Motor Cross Bikes/scramblers. . .whatever

minitrialer

Helloooooo,

i am getting rid of my mini moto dirt bike and want a motor cross. Preferrably afirly old one but not bad quality have around £300.00 to spend and want to know where to get it from, if any-one is selling one and what to look for/watch out for. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. As i couldnt seem to find a cheap one any where for some reason :mellow: Not to bothered about particular things like gears whatever really. Something to get me started and ride when i turn 16.

Thanks a lot

Lil D

Helloooooo,

i am getting rid of my mini moto dirt bike and want a motor cross. Preferrably  afirly old one but not bad quality have around £300.00 to spend and want to know where to get it from, if any-one is selling one and what to look for/watch out for. Any knowledge/help would be appreciated. As i couldnt seem to find a cheap one any where for some reason  :mellow:  Not to bothered about particular things like gears whatever really. Something to get me started and ride when i turn 16.

Thanks a lot

Lil D

ive heard this place is quite good :S)

No offence mate but for £300 you will only get a nail of a motocross bike that will end up costing you a fortune to keep it running :mellow:

on the other hand if you got a trials bike you be ok as the engines don't run as high tolorenses and there for last longer without needing repair work.

Your call mate but a trials bike will save you a lot less money in the long run :S

Edited by Xdream

but they arnt road legal depending on what i found i would spend up to £500.00 i am sure i can find an ok deal doesn't have to be greta som-one must be selling a cheap bike :mellow:

If it is old but a good quality bike it would be ok repairing it rather than a new cheap bike. . . .get me drift?

Lil D

If your getting one for road use (A super moto) is was you want, they are the same as crossers, but with road tyres.

If you ask me, get a aprilia RS 50... they are mint, fast for a 50... **cough cough** 85MPH!!

Iv never heard a rs50 go 85 before, i was on a Aprilia forum for 6 months and the fastest someone had out of one is 70ish downhill

nah there about £200 to insure depends what party your on.

il would recomend getting a derbi senda if your going to a get a motorcross bike and then use it on the road you can pick them up on ebay for about 800-1000 for a half decent one.

guy

nah there about £200 to insure depends what party your on.

il would recomend getting a derbi senda if your going to a get a motorcross bike and then use it on the road you can pick them up on ebay for about 800-1000 for a half decent one.

guy

I don't know where you've been looking then, insurance is near £600 i think you will find.

No offence mate but for £300 you will only get a nail of a motocross bike that will end up costing you a fortune to keep it running 

ditto that i sold a ttr 100 a year ago it was really a 'wreck' i got 370 for it and the fellow sold it for £500 with out doing anything to it,

a derbi sender is not a mx bike its a wanna be enduro with a 50cc you need to have strong legs to push you up hills,

get a trials bike like x-dream says, cheaper to run, and last longer a lad i was talking to got an aprilla climber 240 for £200 running apart from the swing arm was snapped which he sleeved, the fork seels are shagged, and the disc pads are nacked and they are hard to find parts for and he thought it was a bargain, its best to spend at LEAST 800 on something that has all the stuff done, and you can parts for look for stuff like new tyres on them as they will save you 50-75 quid, and suspension bushes, i dont no what the situation is down there but getting a trials bike for under a £1000 up here is really hard :turned: dont know what mx bikes are like but imagine there is a few wrecks about for 600 that would fix up :)

could a yamaha TY80 or soem 125 trials bike be made road legal..??

Yes quite easily all you would have to do is send off for a log book if it's already registered if not then you could get one registered on an age related plate

You wouldn't even need lights if you got it on a daytime MOT :)

I'm getting my 05 Beta Rev 3 road registered so that I can use it to pop down the shops :turned: :S

Edited by Xdream