Front Rim

DGrabiec

I'm looking for something very similar to the koxx front rim, same weight roughly (600g) and needs to be greater than 35mm wide. The only reason i wont go for the koxx is quite a few people say they are like cheese....(unless that can be proven wrong....) So any suggestions would be awsome. I'm riding a stock and i'm using maggies.

Thanks

if you mean similar to a Koxx Tryall rim....as in many different colour schemes and how it styles (ready drilled holes) then defo go for the...

VIZ! rims, they're real similar to tryall, much stronger, still looks just as nice.

if you're just on about how wide it has to be then there's only a few around, as mentioned before Echo CNC'ed rims, Onza Reggie rim, or Onza Hog rim.

steve

Thanks for the replies....

I was wondering what your thoughts about using an echo rear for the front

My mate uses one on the front, seems great (Y)

Used to be run on the back, but dented like f**k, so built it as a front rim.

ahaaaaaaaaaa

i do indeed use an old koxx rear on the front. its 40mm wide, and weighs in at around the 600g mark. i reckon u cud go for a drilled DX32 style thing? maybe megamo rear or somethin? although they truly are cheesy, or so i've seen from rear wheel use.

a really wide front rim is great fun. u have to run over 2.3 on the front though, otherwise the tyre won't perform properly. after that, u can just smack it into stuff, and just launch across gap to front wheel and a decent tyre on such a fat rim will just stick to anythin! :D i think i'm right in sayin the front onza hog rims are 38mm? they have the porcupines stamped out and the sidewalls drilled. they would give a good ride too :P

smithy