Eno Freewheel

STEVE-0

Just bought my ENO freewheel off ebay from a guy called Paul Mines.

As i was the only bidder i got it for the starting price of £59.95 + £1 postage.....what a result eh?

So im well pleased and as i recieved it today i was really surprised to see that it sticks out one side. Therefore meaning you dont need a bash ring with a ridge for the freewheel to sit in, quite cool i thought.

And also just to tell anyone, the ACS claw and ENO freewheel are the same width, Excluding prongs for extraction. So i will be again turning them off on a lathe, haha.

(Y)

As i was the only bidder i got it for the starting price of £59.95 + £1 postage.....what a result eh?

So im well pleased and as i recieved it today i was really surprised to see that it sticks out one side. Therefore meaning you dont need a bash ring with a ridge for the freewheel to sit in, quite cool i thought.

And also just to tell anyone, the ACS claw and ENO freewheel are the same width, Excluding prongs for extraction. So i will be again turning them off on a lathe, haha.

:S

so is it any good ? (Y)

(Y)

glad it went to a good home, i nearly bought it off him last month. if anyone wants them in the future i can buy them in bulk and do them for about £5 less than that brand new, boxed and posted :S

I measured it before, and I think the measurements were something like 15mm/2mm for body/extractor bosses on the Claw, then 16mm/1mm for the Eno, just for reference (Y) I can't imagine grinding the tabs off though on a £70 freewheel :S Gonna make it a fanny to take off, meaning if you strip your crank threads or something you've in essence raped your freewheel as well as your crank?

Just get a longer BB ;) 127.5mm and proud (as long as you don't look then comment on my chain-line :">)!

he has a 127.5mm alxe mark...the thing is he is riding a 26" with a bashring so front freewheels have much less clearance against the BB.

I had the grind the tabs off too- i can't really imagine having to take the freewheel off, except if i destroy my bashring. Anyhow, i just cut new tabs into it (Y)

adam

Haha.

I still haven't got enough room even though i have ground the tabs off flush to the body of the freewheel but i can still grind them right down flush because the main part of the freewheel can overlap the BB shell.

Its works great and my dad had a mission getting off so its definitely proper, proper hard stuff.

I can always make some new prongs if i have to with a grinding bit but i would only need to do that if i break it (unlikely)! And then it wont matter what happens to it anyway!

:D (Y)

You sure it wasnt from Paul Milnes?  Which is a bikeshop just outside bradford?

ENO are good, after youve worn them in, ride in the rain a little, then its clicky clicky! I just got mine bedded and my bike was stolen. st00pid chavs probably thoguht there was a helicopter or something on their feet.

getting a profile though, good enough for my bmx - good enough for trials.

happy clicking.

Haha.

I still haven't got enough room even though i have ground the tabs off flush to the body of the freewheel but i can still grind them right down flush because the main part of the freewheel can overlap the BB shell.

Its works great and my dad had a mission getting off so its definitely proper, proper hard stuff.

I can always make some new prongs if i have to with a grinding bit but i would only need to do that if i break it (unlikely)! And then it wont matter what happens to it anyway!

:)  :huh:

If it breaks all the parts are replaceable. (Y)"