2005 T-mag Cracked (now With Pics)

Lawnmowerman

Nope, ive never landed on the bolt but you can see that the bash is pretty bent, it looks like its pushed itself into the frame where its bent.

Supercycles were phoned today and i'll be sending the frame to them tomorrow to inspect.

Nope, ive never landed on the bolt but you can see that the bash is pretty bent, it looks like its pushed itself into the frame where its bent.

Supercycles were phoned today and i'll be sending the frame to them tomorrow to inspect.

I think you weren't telling us everything... this can serve as a case study of what happens when we get a frame back. We do keep an open mind (in spite of what some of you may think) in all cases when we inspect the frames we receive for warranty or half price replacement. Hopefully the photos I've included will allow you to follow our thinking.

This is possibly the worst damage we have seen to a bashplate, ever. It has wrapped itself around the lower mounts and deformed them. The bashplate elastomer cyclinders have a 90 degree bend in them, caused by the bashplate pushing its way forward. Also, the bashplate no longer has any resemblance to its original shape.

We expect people to have accidents and the bashplate (and half price replacement policy) is there for your protection but continual and repeated abuse is easily spotted. The warranty is against defective workmanship and materials, not against accidental/on purpose damage.

If you choose to ride to bash or this sort of thing happens to you another way, our suggestion would be a half price replacement bashplate (if it's an Onza), before you need a replacement frame.

Edit - sorry, forgot. Final answer: Half price replacement. Get in touch, please.

And now the photos

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
Edited by BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

And theres me thinking bashplates are there to look pretty.

You cant really expect him not to use the bike for what its intended for and a half price replacement seems pretty unfair to say hes had the bike a few weeks.

And theres me thinking bashplates are there to look pretty.

You cant really expect him not to use the bike for what its intended for and a half price replacement seems pretty unfair to say hes had the bike a few weeks.

Thats what I was about to say...

Its there for a reason, even if it does look abit bad no frame should do that after 5 weeks :)

I would be pretty annoyed if I still had to pay half for a new one :)

Is onzas decision influenced at all on the fact he posted images up on here?

If he would of consulted you fist which i think he did anyway would he still have to pay half price replacement?

:/ ok What in the blue hell have you been doing?

Drop gaps to bash?

My t-mag looks nothing like that, you bash plate is mangles and look that the rubber bits, If i was you i would settle for the half price replacement.

Jay rides his bike for trials he barely even goes to bash as i ride with him like every other day. So 5 weeks and hes paying something like £500 including his fist frame, thats not on imo, sort your faulty designs out and replace if for free :)

In my opinion it looks like you been bashing and has push your bash plate towards the front which i think thats why it cracked in like if you get what am saying,as my mate has done the same thing to his bash plate its gone to a funny shape.

Jay rides his bike for trials he barely even goes to bash as i ride with him like every other day. So 5 weeks and hes paying something like £500 including his fist frame, thats not on imo, sort your faulty designs out and replace if for free  :)

To be fair to onza this is the first i have seen of a fault there. Im not saying its not happened to anyone else, but its the first i have heard of / seen

Edited by towler trials

In my opinion it looks like you been bashing and has push your bash plate towards the front which i think thats why it cracked in like if you get what am saying,as my mate has done the same thing to his bash plate its gone to a funny shape.

Which BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom has already said! :)

Is onzas decision influenced at all on the fact he posted images up on here?

If he would of consulted you fist which i think he did anyway would he still have to pay half price replacement?

It has been put up here so some of you can see how and why we came to our decision, with the photos for assistance. Obviously, if there was no thread, there would be no photos here. The fact that he posted the photos is irrelevant, really. We aren't annoyed that he did it and punishing him as a result, if that's what you are suggesting.

If we had just phoned him and told him he could have a half price replacement it would probably have come up on this thread anyway.

Onza should consider using the same design of bash mount as the tpro which is gusseted to prevent things like this from occuring, why did they stop using this method and basically flaw the frame?

In my opinion it looks like you been bashing and has push your bash plate towards the front

How can he be bashing and the bash plate go foward? the force of you going foward and landing youll be hitting the bash and it will push the plate back.

IMO it looks asif when the rider has gone for a backwheel up a wall, and not made it, the brake has slipped and he has hit the bash, whats the point in having a bash plate if you cant use it?

Tom

I think you weren't telling us everything... this can serve as a case study of what happens when we get a frame back. We do keep an open mind (in spite of what some of you may think) in all cases when we inspect the frames we receive for warranty or half price replacement. Hopefully the photos I've included will allow you to follow our thinking.

This is possibly the worst damage we have seen to a bashplate, ever. It has wrapped itself around the lower mounts and deformed them. The bashplate elastomer cyclinders have a 90 degree bend in them, caused by the bashplate pushing its way forward. Also, the bashplate no longer has any resemblance to its original shape.

We expect people to have accidents and the bashplate (and half price replacement policy) is there for your protection but continual and repeated abuse is easily spotted. The warranty is against defective workmanship and materials, not against accidental/on purpose damage.

If you choose to ride to bash or this sort of thing happens to you another way, our suggestion would be a half price replacement bashplate (if it's an Onza), before you need a replacement frame.

Edit - sorry, forgot. Final answer: Half price replacement. Get in touch, please.

And now the photos

Even so , its cracked on the weld?

So surely a FREE replacement would be a better practice. Hes landed on the bashplate quite heavily i can see , but it still resembles a bashplate.

No offence but You must sell these bikes with a disclaimer list a mile long.....

Edited by Luke_londontrials.co.uk

I'm sorry but thats a piss take :) I saved up and paid a large amount of money for that frame thinking it would be good. For it to crack after 6 weeks of riding natural is just a joke.

Why have you put a bashplate on the frame if i'm not allowed to use it? I'm sure we will see lots of topics like this soon when everyone elses frames start to snap.

You need to rethink the design of the frame, the mounts look at if theyre welded on bent, the seatstays are wayyyy too narrow which makes the chain cut a groove in the frame.

If i decide to get another frame I wont be getting another t-mag. Its obvious that the t-pro is a much better frame :)

How much will i have to pay for the t-pro if i do decide to buy another onza.