2005 T-mag Cracked (now With Pics)

Lawnmowerman

I havent abused the frame at all. Ive landed on the bash quite a lot but isnt that what its there for?

If onza cant design a frame to take a bit of trials use i think they need to think about what theyre doing really. Sort the downtube out, if there was a plate put on the downtube like the tpro and there wouldnt of been a problem i bet.

And i'm not a beginner, ive been riding for a few years now

the reason the frame has a bash guard is to prevent damage to the frame, its a guard!!! lets say you fit an armodilo downtube guard on ur frame you dont start landing on downtube because you cant make it to back wheel.

the reason the frame has a bash guard is to prevent damage to the frame, its a guard!!! lets say you fit an armodilo downtube guard on ur frame you dont start landing on downtube because you cant make it to back wheel.

Have you ever been to a tyke trial? Most people spent most of the day on the bash...*

* Might not be true :P

Nah, in comps it usually is, sadly. Well, amongst the shit-style full-on comp riders with their "Lock the brakes and rock the bike through the section" brigade.

Anyway, like I said before - comparing that bash to a standard bash, it's definitely been raped a lot, and the bending isn't from the small movement of the front mount. I've seen bashguards bent like that before without raped frames, so it's not the frame that did it. Equally, judging from the totally levelled off serations on the bottom of the guard, it does look mashed. Either way though, it is poop the frame died so quickly...

Tart is correct, why should someone make a design thicker just because some street thug goes and ruins one frame? why should someone change something for one person? if it was 20-30 ok maybe.

That frame is Abused there is no shadow of doubt in my mind if someone brought it to me id laugh it off. it really is suisidal to say that it isnt!

Koxx dont have to give 12-24-36 months warranty as there are design and tested by WORLD PROFESSIONALS!!!! which by most standards on here quite alot of people are not being in this thread! they would be on the VERY UN PROFESSIONAL list.If a pro is not breaking a bike then it is built to a satisfactory state of quality,IF every single frame of a manufacturer for example say every Levelboss broke in the same place and all did within a certain period of time then yes you would be pissed off that it wouldnt get replaced BUT it doesnt happen as the bikes are built to suitable and extremly good quality.i heard about this levelboss about the drop outs, someone over tightening or under tightening a q/r so it either drops out of the drop outs when riding it causes the material to wear down and its not advisable, most people last year at i think one of the brit rounds could have been addingham my wheel fell out of the drop outs 3-4 times!!!! i then started threading the axles of my hubs and havent had a problem since, and whats the harm in a 5mm allen key head bolt to hold your wheel in? its safer and it aint going to hurt you. if id have kept on letting the wheel drop out and tightening it back in it would have chewed the material up and then caused the frame to be nakerd. also dont forget its 1 Levelboss frame in what?100?200?300?????

if there is people out there doing this to bikes, no wonder you get done for street riding cos that is criminal to the bike the wall your going up or landing on is going to be atroshious!

please could you see it from "suppliers" view for once people, dont always see it one way for yourself. the world is a very different place! lifes too short to be argueing all the time.................

If that frame was immaculate and the frame had cracked some where then you have a warranty claim. you dent or crash, land hard on something to cause it to bend and break and that is abuse? if i went and bought an Aston Martin Vanquish (one thing id love to aquire in life at some point) and just thrashed it everywhere and it said in the garag it does 30MPG and it only did 10 is that warranty? or if i kerbed an alloy?i want it replacing as i missued it with a kerb!or even better the best one a bit like biking. Engine blows up, i was just driving it at 30mph everywhere, i never exceeded 3000rpm mr.

hey i dont wanna be having a go but someone has to step in and say look stop getting at suppliers you either want trials bike to move on and get better,you cant have it every way and winge at everything people do.

Waynio..............................

I shall await the on slaught................woo woo................ :D (Y) :- :( :-"

its right anyway, i put my opinions across most people might not see it as i do but when you've ridden trials for 4/5 years if anyone else has ridden this long or longer they SHOULD see it from a similar point of view to me. People cant get away with abusing everything and expect to pay nothing. Onza's half price replacement thing is one that not many people can offer? more the cost of it.

Have you ever been to a tyke trial? Most people spent most of the day on the bash...*

* Might not be true

They may well do tomm BUT do they land like a sack of spuds on it?????or do they use the bash to take a rest or get up and obstacle thats not humongus. the only sections which have the "BIG" stuff in are the expert and elite sections and going off the quality and perception of the riders in those classes they tend not to want to land harshly.i know myself it can be painful, and its not very nice to hear your own bash ring twanging a rock and snapping it in half.............

Waynio......................

yo mark,

sorry for so many replies, i keep having to catch up on reading the ones that are posted after iv read and written mine.

i dented my woodstock frame earlier this year after a "Fall" that left me anally impaled!!!! and my bike under me, it has got the worst dent in the top and down tube and it literally was folded!!! and guess what? that was 3 days old!!! and one natural yes NATURAL ride old. i had literally ridden it in the shop for 5-10mins before the ride up at shipley.

Waynio.............................

thats really demoralising that you get a new frame and literally naker it in such quick succession but thats life, you get a new car and write it off in a day you cant gelp it, live on and get on with it il always say.

Thing is though, i ride with him everyday and he never went to bash really heavy, just when he missed back wheel and slipped down abit. This is all on natural by the way, and a days riding at preston docks. I have hit my bash so many times and it not even bent, and mine is a year and a half old (Y) The elastomer and mount on the T-pro have worked just as they should, not like on Jays frame

They may well do tomm BUT do they land like a sack of spuds on it?????or do they use the bash to take a rest or get up and obstacle thats not humongus. the only sections which have the "BIG" stuff in are the expert and elite sections and going off the quality and perception of the riders in those classes they tend not to want to land harshly.i know myself it can be painful, and its not very nice to hear your own bash ring twanging a rock and snapping it in half.............

Obviously most people don't do massive stuff to bash, at least not on purpose. My point was that the bashring gets used in trials - If you spec a bashring, you can expect to see it used. But anyway, this is going nowhere now, Onza aren't gonna change their mind. It will certainly be interesting to see if Onza change the design of the bashguard mount...

yes it is a comp frame. (Y)

wots point in having a 10lb comp frame?

ye tomm i agree i wasnt having a go just that in a comp its usually used to rest or get up on something maybe big but is not used abusivly if you get what i mean? its not used in anger i should say. its sued as the object may require it to be used.

i like your post tart :D :( that med me chuckle.

i wish half of you would actually work in a shop for a day and see the mentality of some of yourselves!!!!!!(Not everyone just the picky kinda people) its appauling.

You question something you gwet an answer, you can ask for an explanation you get the explanation it should be rant over, obviosly this isnt, its let see how far we can take it? i tell you the best way you could go, go to trading standards and let them laugh at you 1st? then you will be suprised. if trading standards laugh at you then you will be laughed at by most others. and if anyone ever does go to trading standards over trials stuff make sure you state the fact that its a "Trials" bike like a motorbike but without an engine. they'll be getting wise to it by now.

Waynio............................

By the looks of things it looks like it hasnt been designed too good! There is no support at the front end of the bash guard so as soon as you hit it hard it will just fold and bend downwards into the frame!!! and the rubber stuff aint gona help much its too long and thin so it will just bend like it has done. I dont think this is his fault. (Y)"

You'll be lucky or them to give you a frame for free, I snapped some onza fly guy forks in a week or so and they wouldnt replace them!

ahhhh well onzas decission :D"

HaHa, in trialsboys defence that onza guy would lay an egg if he saw the t-master im ridings bash guard, its alot more molded to the frame than that for sure and mine has no sign of cracks. I think you need to re-think your design mate (Y).

That should be a full replacement :D

cheers andy

P.S i will try and get pictures of t-master bash tomorow :(

Unless you mean the t-mag, the t master has nothing in common with the new t-mag

Yeah, he's just saying that he has abused his bashplate more than Jay, and his frame hasn't broken...