2005 T-mag Cracked (now With Pics)

Lawnmowerman

Well the warrenty i got when i bought my t-pro said otherwise, but meh. If the t-mags are cracking that easily, then dont get another.

Argh.

Stop being a fool.

Its clearly not the way it was design. Nothing, no matter how wank it was designed would crippled and die in 6 weeks.

Get in touch with who ever you bought it off, so they can talk to Onza, and possible get the frame sent off so they can properly see whats wrong with it.

I dont know if i want another t-mag to be honest :)  If its gonna crack again theres no point.

He said himself he didnt want another, dont call me a fool. There was a reason it snapped, and unless it has/is being changed, then i wouldnt reccommend buying another.

I went on a ride today and after only hitting the bash a few times the weld had completely snapped and there is now a hole in the frame :)

I really cant complain about the way the frame rides, it's a brilliant frame but Onza should of done a little more testing imo (Y)"

I went on a ride today and after only hitting the bash a few times the weld had completely snapped and there is now a hole in the frame (Y)

I really cant complain about the way the frame rides, it's a brilliant frame but Onza should of done a little more testing imo :-"

Unlucky mate. (Y) Onza should definatly do something about that.......... :)

I dont think there is a problem in buying another t-mag frame as i doubt its the way its ridden or i think there would be many more complaints saying my t-mag frame is cracked,these things can happen not long after purchase,its just called being very unlucky.

Just my thoughts and views,dont bash me.

I can see this turning into another "Omgzzzz dnt get anova t-mag dey crak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one one one" Just like the thread that Pauly made when his Pitbull cracked!

It was probably just a wierd batch or something.

I don't see why it matters that much a frame cracked wow! It's not like frames don't crack. I know it cracked after 6 weeks or so but like I said it could have been a wierd batch or something.

Meh, that's my 2 Cents. :)

Edited by Siders77

you will probably hav to pay the half price replacement.

if you dent the downtube with landing on it, its not really onza's fault.

there is a lad from shipley who has one he put a mega dent in his down tube other week on a keighley ride and it aint cracked (YET!) but its deep as hell, dinting is abuse (in the world of trials manufacturers) so in other words dont even try claim warranty on something just send it back and hope you get a good deal on it in return from the supplier, id never query a warranty nower days, im always open to just getting a new one.

or you just get something that isnt prone to snapping? simple.

onza t-mag = "Trials bike" if you think what a "Trials" bike should dom under the terms and conditions i wouldnt say its a "STREET" frame, it more (unfortunatly for yourself) comes under "Competition" style frame. Personally id get something thats proven with strength, i dont wanna start naming bikes or brands as it will be classed as advertising. and the post would be edited. Saves the hassle. sk people through MSN loads will have good ideas and suggestions on 20" frames.

Waynio...............................

I dented the downtube on my first 2 hours of riding the bloody thing :) And it wasnt as if i hit it hard, my tyre slipped and i gently slid down a rock ;) Thats what i call a strong downtube :)

If i dont get a replacement i wont be using onza again

It has done that because the mount on the downtube doesnt have a plate on it like on the t-pro, so there is nothing there for it to stop denting into the frame (have to sort of see it upclose)

I would just get another t-pro jay

Have you gone savagely to bash on it or anything? :)

EDIT: And for the future, if you actually want to claim on warranty it's a hell of a good idea NOT to keep riding the frame, 'cos any fault'll get bigger, and if your downtubes moon-surface-like it'll make it look less like abuse-related and more like manufacturing related...