Gcse's

Dai the Socket

GCSE's are only useful until you have A-Levels.  The End.

But if you have the EXACT same A-level results as someone else, then the employer/university is going to look to the GCSEs to make a final decision about wether or not they're taking you or the person with better GCSEs. I wonder who they're going to pick :huh:

As for the rest of the exam I thought it was the hardest one so far but still wasn't panic mode hard.  Plus being Ecexcel the boundaries are rock bottom so something like 29/100 marks means a B  :blink:

It's 30-45% for a C

45-60% for a B

60% + for an A

70%+ for an A*

Something like that anyway.

Anything under a C is classed as a 'U' in the higher paper :huh:

Edit: Quote: There pretty easy to remember like grauve is used on magazines and shiznit!

You won't get far calling Gravure 'grauve' printing (Y)

Edited by mod661

But if you have the EXACT same A-level results as someone else, then the employer/university is going to look to the GCSEs to make a final decision about wether or not they're taking you or the person with better GCSEs.  I wonder who they're going to pick  :huh:

Ok. But I'm just saying that in the real world, as soon as you've done A-Levels, GCSE results go out the window. Maybe in theory someone will care, but I've not heard anyone mention GCSE's since I did them (Y)

Ok.  But I'm just saying that in the real world, as soon as you've done A-Levels, GCSE results go out the window.  Maybe in theory someone will care, but I've not heard anyone mention GCSE's since I did them  (Y)

While you are doing GCSE they really big 'em up to make em sound important. Once you have A-levels, they know you are qualified, they will just go by your interview and how well you get on. No reason to 'delve that deep' into someones exam records just to see who was better, it just doesn't happen.

Haz

While you are doing GCSE they really big 'em up to make em sound important. Once you have A-levels, they know you are qualified, they will just go by your interview and how well you get on. No reason to 'delve that deep' into someones exam records just to see who was better, it just doesn't happen.

Haz

They look at your results before you go to interview, if there's you and someone else at the bottom of the interview liest both with exactly the same results and they only want one person they'll look at your GCSE results, unless one person can't write an application form for shit (Y)

I figured out the highest to be (8,25) because when X=8 the - (X-8)"/4 bit means 0, so you get 25 the highest possible point?  Tell me if I'm not making sense lol, I'm pretty sure that's right though  (Y)

As for the rest of the exam I thought it was the hardest one so far but still wasn't panic mode hard.  Plus being Ecexcel the boundaries are rock bottom so something like 29/100 marks means a B  :S

sounds like u got it :- i guess it to be 10.. dam.. i knew i should have done more on that bit.. but it really confused me.. lol i had the whole page full with random workings.. :)

got that prove x=13/33 right :P anyway, english now had a long sleep this morning so should be in the mood lol

no more english ever!!!!!!

that was pretty hard wtf was that story at the start about the girls raveging their farther.

I've still got 1 more English exam on some stories from the OCR book Opening Worlds. Sounds like a weird exam you had there with that storyline. (Y)

i am pleased thats over :S

i did the question abt an article for a magazine arguing that teenagers should be taught to drive in school

dont think i had your question freddie.. i was with AQA this time round :)

I did that question as well!

Shocking about eh yanks walking, on average, 74 miles a year (Y)

I was fairly pleased wioth my englhs...and my english lit...

Maths i dunno.....

On my English paper today my second question was SOLID.

Really f**kin' confusing! I think I was with AQA, and has specification B. The pre-released was all based about Cars/Transport/Speedcamera.

The First question was ok. Comparing and writing about language techniques in the Pre-Released.

Then the Second question was the unseen one! Which was really hard and didn't make sense. I f**ked that one up!

And the third question was that we had to write to our local MP opposing against the current suggestions that congestion and pollution will triple in the next decade. And suggest / Advise solutions.

That one was ok.

Graphics was quite hard actually. My drawings were shite. I had higher paper, and It was about Sports Drinks and Fruit. Had to design the carton (Y)

i did the question abt an article for a magazine arguing that teenagers should be taught to drive in school

I did that one aswell :)

T'was very easy!

How did your graphics exam go rickycoleman?

And what exam board are you with for it?

I think mine was pretty easy!

Or at least a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Thanks,

Callum

P.S I think my exam boards OCR

I did the Bill Bryson one aswell, but it's funny, I have read that book, so it's hard not to talk about all of it...

Did Q4) Puersuade a young man to buy a car. Basically, all you have to do is big it up and say it's fast as f**k, in to pages. :)"

Haz