Do You Keep Getting Moved On?

Littleharrys

Alternatively...

Ride natural  :(

Hahaha :) Can't get moved off rocks really, there no good reason for the police to tell you.

You will have to be very careful with any name and address information gathered.  If it were to fall into the wrong hands it would basically be an invitation to come and steal your expensive bikes.

Very good point.

Lets face it, we're in the wrong, if the police ask you to 'move along' just give them a big smile, and go.

If you own a company, and have to constantly buy new creats, as the ones that are left outside have parts broken becuase of trials riders, you would be pissed off to.

Just move on and come back later.

I have out lined what im doing, getting a list of names to show how many people there are into the sport.

But what do you want to get out of this potition, just giving them a list of names isn't really gonna get a reaction I don't think.

I'm not trying to be negative (as you may think), I, like some others in here, just want to get it clear what you're doing. As the Circus said, if it's more clear, you're more likely to get support dude :(

WE CAN'T WIN surely you can see this? No amount of names or trials riders chaining themselves to every town hall in the country is going to help us. People see us a trouble makers, I know we aren't, but thats how they see us and nothing is going to change that, specially all those old buggers we know too well. Even if everyone started to ride natural and never went on the streets you'd still get complaints from dog walkers or forestry people. I usedto ride round the woods behind my house before I started trials and almost every time I went out we'd get talked to by some 60+ pensioner.

The only way we can make it the slightest bit bigger is do as they say, then when the time is right, ride in the place again, as its been said earlier in this topic, at night or at weekends in industrial estates when no-ones around. I know it's hard but we've got to have more of a low profile, the word of trials will still continue to spread, slowly but surely through the internet or by word of mouth. I support trials obviously and there are people out there who do not ride but still think that having such skills on a bike is good, impressive even. That is why sometimes you get crowds of (pedestrian) people gathering round where someone is 'performing'. All is not lost.

no thanks to those who have been useless and made pointless posts.

Harry

but they're not pointless, they're pointing out the futility of your effort.

you're obviously just bitter as the people on her aren't helping you get what YOU want.

Dan

Well, there is the big brother thingy that bothers me a bit (Y)" , like finding responsibles or categorising trials riders into street furniture bashers. :D

Whatever info you give out to a government you don't know where it ends up and how it may be used :D

And another thing about building special trials park (there has been bmx tracks, skateparks, etc..) it is two folds. Once it's there, you can bet you have no excuse whatsoever to ride anywhere else... (Y) Which means that after a while, as you evolve as a rider, it's natural you want something different, but NOPE!

You have a wonderfull zone provided by the council and you should stick to it!

And anybody found on a trials bike elsewhere could be rightfully blamed by law enforcement bobs for not sticking to that expensive place that was built specially for you (you unashamed ungrateful citizen (Y) )

(I got that remark often from cops or park wardens, confusing my bike with a bmx and claiming there was plenty of nice purposely built areas for my riding, and I had no right to complain, only it was just plain boring or too far away anyway)

Then you get the warnings etc...if they are really nice building the site, they can be really nasty enforcing the exclusive use of it. :-

Hence I think it is best if you ask permission for putting up your own stuff in a scrap yard...rather than asking for council planning...