Street Or Natural...

billocks

which do you prefer... street or natural?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer... street or natural?

• natural
    • street

Natural all the way... it's well more challangeing and there is sooo many lines to choose from :)

I just wish there was loads of Natty round where I lived :( I still like street but perfer Natural hunners more... if it wasn't for natural I would of probs gave up trials as it gets boring just ridng street all the time, Natural IMO gives you more inspiration and makes you a well better rider in loads of areas and more skill such as, balance, confidence, judgement etc etc... Can you tell I love Natural! :)

NATURAL ROCKS!!!!!!!! :D

Watson

Street is fun, it doesnt require that extra "hmm, but is that rock too slanted to be safe".

But lately, with some crazy bloke hunting me down, i cant ride street on pain of death, so im gunna ride natural, it's great fun, challenging, and a lot more versatile. I also find theres a lot more to learn on natural.

Well,

I guess it depends where you live really. I got addicted to Natural in Spain, 'cause of the wonderful rocks and seaside zones...and it is so much more a mental game (how tricky to get somewhere, what technique, what move will work best, what angle etc...just so many combinations...so much thrill :( )

I ride street more by lack of natural around my place, and also for getting some moves right (you need to learn them square, like the letters before reading a book) :)"

Then, some big cities also have enough street ware and hybrid kind of parks with boulders that you can actually mix... :)

Will be back to Brittany for some holidays, will bring back some nice pics of natural paradise...hopefully

despite riding what many people consider a street bike and having myself doing a street move in my avetar and having 'street' under it.

I actually love natural and I love street. I like them both for different reasons. Natural is great, because its such a test and no rocks are the same and you will always find a new line you can do. I am liking natural at the mo too and I seem to have developed a 'just ride into it and see what happens' method of getting up things which is fun.

As for street, that awesome too. Street is great because you can go a bit freestyle and throw in random stuff like pedal/dropout stalls, manuals, spins and crap. Its also great because of the stuff you can't find on natural like rails, chains and all that random street furniture that people feel the need to build. It also great when you live somewhere and go 'never been down this road before, lets have a look' and find some great stuff.

obviously living in leeds and not driving means I ride mostly street, but balls to it. I am happy riding my bike, be it rocks, walls or a curb!

mike

Real street is dead and is only keep gasping for air on its death bed by the few people who ride 24" or oldschool geometry frames. UCI street is more common, which involves uber powerful brakes and uber long bikes you cant manual.

I agree with you in one sense that yeah you average street trials is just natural style but using walls and rails. However I'm not so sure that street style is dead I just think it's moved onto other bikes. You said yourself few people ride 24's but also think of the amount of people who ride BMX or 26inch jump hard tails for street. I think really trials has grown away from the street style in general but there are other bikes now which you can use to jump stair sets, manual walls and mess around in skate parks. I think the U.S scene is ahead of us in this sense with riders such as Aaron Chase and Dylan Tremblay (both awesome riders of technical street). It's just my opinion but why not have one bike set up for pure trials(screeching brakes long frame) and one for pure street (BMX, Single speed hardtail with sus).

I agree with you in one sense that yeah you average street trials is just natural style but  using walls and rails. However I'm not so sure that street style is dead I just think it's moved onto other bikes. You said yourself few people ride 24's but also think of the amount of people who ride BMX or 26inch jump hard tails for street. I think really trials has grown away from the street style in general but there are other bikes now which you can use to jump stair sets, manual walls and mess around in skate parks. I think the U.S scene is ahead of us in this sense with riders such as Aaron Chase and Dylan Tremblay (both awesome riders of technical street). It's just my opinion but why not have one bike set up for pure trials(screeching brakes long frame) and one for pure street (BMX, Single speed hardtail with sus).

yep but bmx street has always been bmx street!! Aaron and Dylan are both good riders and probably the best mtb street riders around - I have Match 6 and Aaron section is miles ahead of of any other rider on it, but I often feel that the mtb street scene is just doing bmx tricks of mtb's and it doesn't have its own identity. It needs someone to go and use the advantages that a mtb has over a bmx. I watched match 6 another thing it was missing was flair and creativity, it got very repetative very quickly (bar the odd move here or there)

Where as I always thought trials street still has own identity, while still being trials. Like compared to bmx flatland, street, vert are separate disciplines while still being bmx. Like comparing uci natty or ryan leech manifesto street, they are both different, but they are both trials.

I personally would much rather watch trials street (leech and brit riders like holyrod, tim pratt, jon s and others) and bmx over most mtb street.

christ that was a bit of a rant/ramble :(

mike

When I used to ride trials, it was natural over street anyday. I used to love street, but I suddenly just started to prefer natural.

But now I ride bmx, I think natural may be quite challenging, so now it's street :(

Tom

Edited by PythonRider

I enjoy street, but that is also what I ride 95% of the time.

Unfortunately, I have to drive an hour and a half to get to decent natural, although it is worth the trip.

Riding natural definitely improves your skills faster than street. Its a lot more dificult when the angles aren't all ninety degrees.

street definitely makes for better videos though, to watch at least.

Edited by Rodney

I think you can ride street and natural both in diferent way. Example Ryan Leech in the Manifesto rides both with his own style.But else rides danny holryd street liek Craig Lee Scott. I think you have to ride to feel good.

I ride more street cus no natural in the area but I like rocks. B)

I started on street, then went over my road (cos im a super lucky b*****d, perfect natural riding is about 4 seconds away) realised that i couldn't do anything, did some street, now ive moved onto natural alot as its convienter. And thats my life story done it 3 lines

I made this exact same topic when i first came here and it got about 4 replies saying, this topic has been done so many times before blah blah blah :lol:

Maybe it was because i did it in new members chat :)

Edited by club_card

Definately natural! You can improve soo easy when you practise on rocks because of all the different lines you can do. But when you're on street you are limited to the stuff layed out before you, so you can't progress as fast...

Cheers,

Joe.