Anyone Go Max Power?

RyanRs

TVR's arent even that good.

The man who now owns the company is a wanker, and the cars handle like a raging bull.

Would rather have an evo/ scooby anyday.

Skyline r34 is my future car (Y)"

You know him then???

How is he, its ages since we last spoke :turned:

And what do you mean, TVR's arent even that good? Is this opinion from experience? TVR's are rated as good cars, check out any reviews on them and they always come out tops.

And this "wanker" has brought new life to the company, helping it release its freshest cars yet, so i'd really like to now what your basing your opinions on.

Haha that was nothing dave there was so many more it was unreal birds everywhere.

Evos are sex and i really like that car i just cant stand graphics never have never will.

John will you be sharing your pics with the rest of us, i got about a tapes worth of filming but my computers shite so i doubt il be be able to do a video.

So basically, the Evo, like the Impreza is sold to fulfill the 200 or something requirement needed to compete in WRC. Right.

So why mod one instead of getting a car that can comfortably put out that power?

Surely Ralliart have tuned the Evo to the most that they think is safe for the engine in a road legal car, and if you want any more, just to buy a bigger engined car?

I really don't understand car modding on this scale, why would someone strap wings and a jet engine to a bicycle and look a fool when they can just buy a plane?

I know some people do it for a hobby, but the plastic and stickers... really, no. Its just not right.

Thing is this car isnt just some boy racers car, its a company car designed to show the rest of the world what kind of services they can provide.

its a form of advertisment. and the graphics are adverts too, for the companies that perticipated in the design and build of the car.

i dont like gay lookin stickers neither, but, there on this car for a reason.

y do some people stick Magura and Hope stickers all over their bikes??

Thing is this car isnt just some boy racers car, its a company car designed to show the rest of the world what kind of services they can provide.

its a form of advertisment. and the graphics are adverts too, for the companies that perticipated in the design and build of the car.

i dont like gay lookin stickers neither, but, there on this car for a reason.

y do some people stick Magura and Hope stickers all over their bikes??

Cos theyre bellends :turned:

Yeah, it makes sense to advertise if your a company, or if a company is paying you to advertise, but it annoys me when you see these shopping lists of parts and companies that the car doesnt actually have all over it.

I have to say though, squeezing all that power out of it is pretty impressive, I would just prefer a SLK AMG or something. And I dont like those horrible bulgy plastic bumpers, they remind of Transformers (Robots in Disguise)

I would like to build a kit car though, a little track day motor or something

very sexy....and bloody quick, but ever seen one trying to take a corner quickly?

Yeah, coming home from sandbanks in Poole by the roundabout near to Westbourne, he span out and did like a 270-360. Lucky it was about 11 at night and we'd only just pulled up at the roundabout.

Good to watch but wouldn't have liked it if we'd got there 10 seconds earlier

evo are damn nice cars but they are hardly nice to look at, but that sure ain't an improvement. it looks ugly as sin. it looks like a car that you find in your local carpark at 12 on a friday and saturday night trying to impress 12 year old girls by doing handbrake turns.

fair enough im all for tuning a f**king quick car but jesus that looks shocking.

also how many people who could afford a car like that are actually going to waste money on something that looks boy racerish to f**k, i think more would buy a merc an audi or a tvr...

i know where my money would be going if had enough cash and it sure as hell wouldn't be a bodykitted evo pumping out a rediculous amount of horsepower.... it would be one of these

TVR-Sagaris-05-1024.jpeg

Andyroo, I know what the cars are like because my mate used to build them :turned:

Also, how is that evo ruined??

It looks alot better than it does standard, hes done it to be unique and not like most of the evo owners that leave them standard

Edited by merlin_rider

Yeah, coming home from sandbanks in Poole by the roundabout near to Westbourne, he span out and did like a 270-360.

yeah exactly! the evo is one of the best handling cars in the world, and i dont understand why people are bitching so much. I would choose that evo over a crappy TVR sagaris anyday. TVR's always break, and if your hobbie or interest is to build your own unique car with a massive ICE install etc, you cant achieve that with a TVR! personally, i think that Norris designs being able to turn a standard japanese car into something which is quicker and has a higher top speed than a Mercedes Mclaren SLR is amazing!

yeah exactly! the evo is one of the best handling cars in the world, and i dont understand why people are bitching so much. I would choose that evo over a crappy TVR sagaris anyday. TVR's always break, and if your hobbie or interest is to build your own unique car with a massive ICE install etc, you cant achieve that with a TVR! personally, i think that Norris designs being able to turn a standard japanese car into something which is quicker and has a higher top speed than a Mercedes Mclaren SLR is amazing!

im not bitching i just dont see the point, it isnt like you can reap the benefit on uk roads.

also the thing is if you can turn a 2 litre engine into that imagine what you can pump out of a 4 litre 2 seater weighing considerably less, the FQ400 needs servicing shockingly frequently so what is the point in working an engine even harder.

dont get me wrong i love evo's however i dont see the point in fettling with them especially when you make them look even worse.

each to there own i suppose :turned:

im not bitching i just dont see the point, it isnt like you can reap the benefit on uk roads.

There's not much point of any car faster than a Micra or a Yaris or something. Now they are practical cars. Not very interesting though :turned:

I personally wouldn't have a car like that, I'd probably have something a bit classier like a DB9 or something (Mmmmm), but I don't see the problem with some people liking that sort of car?

EVO's are a girls car, fact. don't try and argue, any man that drives an evo is a fag.

Sadly, i would have to agree. I'm not quite sure how its come to be, but its the same deal with a BMW Z8. It is a womens car, end of.

Thing is, i was watching Top Gear yesterday, when Jeromy was in the McLaren/Mercedes. Its one of the fastest road production cars on the planet at the moment, but why? Where on earth can you use all that speed, unless you hire a big ass air strip, or find the like 15% of german autobahn without speed restrictions, to be only met by mass police presence.

My car will just be blinding'ly quick of the mark, and thats it.

I can very much see the attraction of having a car that can go 2 tonne, as thats a hell of a fact to drop into a conversation, but its a waste of money.

Anyhow, lots of talk of 160+ pictures, but only one poor quality one, from a shit angle. We want pictures Bongo! :turned:

The sagaris has to be one of the best styled cars ive ever seen. Theres no way anyone whos intrested at all in cars (and I mean real cars, not plastic) cannot find this irresisable:

TVR-Sagaris-02-1024.jpeg

In some ways cars are getting better, in some ways worse. Its becoming more difficult for someone with a real intrest to learn about how cars work, as most of them these days are mostly computerised. While this is good for a performance point of view, its not that good for the home mechanic, people who want to increase performance or as some would say for driving pleasure. Cars like the reyland cosworth etc are unbelieveable and are absolute sheer genius how its been done. And this is a ten year old car. 0-60 in the low 2second bracket and +200mph top end. HOW!!!??? This has been achieved through serious knowledge of engines and cars in general. And then a skyline can achieve that with a few chips and a laptop. Both impressive, but in totally different ways