Do Any Of You Know Of Dave Jefferies?

forum mum

Do any of you know of David Jefferies?

He drove a motorbike and was killed during the Ilse of Man TT races in 2003?

The reason i am asking is we have been given a signed winner cap from one of the races he won and we are not sure what to do with it.

It was given to us with the intention to help raise some money for DJ's memorial fund (the bloke who gave it to us did it because he felt that what happened to our DJ had a similar impact on the trials community as did the death of Dave Jefferies - another DJ)

Have you any ideas what would be the best way to use the cap?

Thanks

Love Sue xxxx :D :turned: :P (Y) (N)

Depending on how well known he was, sell it on ebay? There probably hardcore fan of his who would love to get their hands on it.

:turned:

yeh i knew about him, saw a few of his races and more recently a memorial show about him.

was a great rider. (Y)

not sure about the hat, but i'm sure the 'real' motorbiking community would have a lot of interest in it.

maybe brouse a few road bike forums for ideas. :turned:

just an idea but as it was given to raise funds for DJ, then auction it. the best place to do this would be at the BMF (british motorcycle federation) shows that take place, they have one on saturday 17th september and sunday 18th at east of englad showgroud, peterborough as this is the largest motorcycle show in england.

there website is www.bmf.co.uk

i was part of a display team at the last one and will be at that one display with "the tigers", at the atmosphere is amazing with 1000's of bikers and i am sure they would all dig deep as it is for 2 very good causes

hope i helped in a small way

thanks gareth

Yeah, I know who he is. Seems like the TT's lost a load of it's best riders over the past couple of years; Steve Hislop (although he's not so recent I guess), Joey Dunlop, David Jefferies, etc.

Anyway, I was going to say keep it, but seeing as he wanted to help you raise money, write to the Motor Cycle News (www.MCN.com, I think) and say you're going to put it up for sale on eBay, or try and sell it through them. I'm certain someone will be pretty interested, and you could probably get quite a bit of money from it. It's sorta harsh in a way in that he's dead, but this is what the guy who had it before wanted, so I'd go for it. Something good's sure to come of it, so it should be OK I guess. But yeah, call/e-mail/write to MCN :turned:

Mark

Sell it on a road-racing site, or put an advert in a motor bike magazine.He was a very popular racer, but you would need to find a hardcore fan who would pay good money for it.

Road-racing site

motor cycle news magazine- not sure if they will sell it but try contacting them anyway

If you don't manage to sell it then stick it on ebay (Y) , hope this helps

:edit:

to late on mcn :turned:

Edited by manxrider

Out of interest was it a member of his family or a close friend that gave you the cap?

No disrespect intended but i would think his family and freinds might want to know that your selling it, even for such a good cause it would only be the polite thing to do.

umm just to let you know i beleive your not actually allowed to sell signed good on ebay, well you can but your not allowed to say "XXX, signed by XXXX"

My mate has sold lots of signed stuff on eBay, including a "signed" Korn poster a "signed" set of Nirvana singles including Teen Spirit. Which is a bit gay really :-

My mate has sold lots of signed stuff on eBay, including a "signed" Korn poster a "signed" set of Nirvana singles including Teen Spirit.  Which is a bit gay really  :-

He sold signed Nirvana stuff :P f**king penis in my eye, when was this?? Or are they still up?? Oh my god please tell me they're still up.

I think the inverted commas implied he faked 'em???

Yes. The Korn poster was a year or so ago, and the singles was about 3months ago or something. His eBay feedback is wank, unsurprisingly.

Er, I mean, Monkey: I have some "signed" Nirvana stuff here now!