Sponsorship

MrMonkey

Fox sponsor quite a few girl riders (they even did a 'big' roadtrip with them all), and they too are mostly turd.  Same goes for their female MTB riders.  Just check out Fox's "36 for 36" video results.  The winning women's video was total shite.  Really, really piss poor...

Yeah ok, but what about the other sports HMMMM HMMMM, and I mean well known people. I can think of Elissa Steamer, or whatever her name is in skating. Dunno who she skates for but I know she is pretty well sponsored, shoes, deck and stuff.

thats the only way i reconise her name

what are u two arguing about now, i got lost.

Mark's saying I don't know all the big girl riders from other sports because I don't do them, whereas I know Elissa because I skate. But my point still stands that there's only 1 female skater classed good enough to have good sponsors, but in trials there's alot of girls with good sponsors. And there's not the millions riding it like there is with Skateboarding.

Mark was saying it was shit you were demanding I should know the female pro's from other sports, when I wouldn't know about them (Y)

Bah shaddup you, and learn how to use commas, that sentence makes no sense.

Mark was saying it was shit, f**kING COMMA, you were demanding I should know the female pro's from other sports blah blah blah.

Bah shaddup you, and learn how to use commas, that sentence makes no sense.

Mark was saying it was shit, f**kING COMMA, you were demanding I should know the female pro's from other sports blah blah blah.

Incorrect, the comma shouldn't go there.

The sentence was "Mark was saying it was shit you were demanding I should know the female pro's from other sports...". This is correct, as it is stating that Mark (in this case me) was saying that it was shit you were demanding..., and thus there is no need for a comma after 'shit' or 'demanding'. If you put the comma there, you are in effect splitting the statement part way through, which is not only un-necessary, but also wrong in the context of the sentence. If you put the comma there, you're stopping it mid flow, as the rest was explaining what was shit, and therefore the comma is not needed. If anything should've gone there (which it doesn't need to), it should've been a full stop. However, the way you've structured the sentence leads me to believe you misunderstood the actual sentence. It was a third person thing saying that I thought it was shit that you were demanding that I know the female pros from another sport.

My sentence was the same as saying "Mark was saying it was shit that you were demanding something." If we add the comma in as you wanted it, it'd read "Mark was saying it was shit, that you were demanding something." This is wrong. The "that" can be omited however, as I did, so therefore, you're wrong.

Now you've seen that, surely you realise how much of a dick you were in your post? (Y)

Before anyone whinges I wouldn't usually do this, but Monkey needs to be told (Y)

Well, you see the thing is is that there is a belief that after sex, the mind is sharper.

At the moment, it's shearing season here.

I just can't resist a bald sheep.

I trust you can see where this is going (Y)

I'm Welsh and I beat Monkey in arguments too!

Anywho, when I saw this skateboarding thing, there was a men and womens world final, lots of skaters in each, all were sponsered by big names, not just boarding brands but clothing brands and car brands and all sorts.

So naa. Just watch extreme sport channel a bit more Monkfish

I'm Welsh and I beat Monkey in arguments too!

Anywho, when I saw this skateboarding thing, there was a men and womens world final, lots of skaters in each, all were sponsered by big names, not just boarding brands but clothing brands and car brands and all sorts.

So naa. Just watch extreme sport channel a bit more Monkfish

:)" You mean when they win cars and stuff? I saw one were some woman won a little car or something. Never heard of her, she isn't got a full sponsorship either if she does. Sig deck/shoe/wheel/trucks etc means you have a full sponsorship by one company. Take Eric Koston, 6 different shoes. Deck, clothes an all. So yeah, he's got a sponsorship and a half from eS and Girl. But not many people other than Tony Hawk who owns companies have that many sponsorships. Not one female boarder has sponsorships like that.

:)" You mean when they win cars and stuff? I saw one were some woman won a little car or something. Never heard of her, she isn't got a full sponsorship either if she does. Sig deck/shoe/wheel/trucks etc means you have a full sponsorship by one company. Take Eric Koston, 6 different shoes. Deck, clothes an all. So yeah, he's got a sponsorship and a half from eS and Girl. But not many people other than Tony Hawk who owns companies have that many sponsorships. Not one female boarder has sponsorships like that.

No but there are a lot of women sponsered, in that a company gives them products or pays them to advertise their brand

He's not interested. In his ego little world, he always has to prove people wrong, and always be right.

Like you (Y) Happens so much doesn't it :)

And, when I don't know the names of these female skaters who are sponsored how will I find them? If you know them just give me names and I'll find them myself, but I ain't searching google for every female skater ever to find the ones you know.

Like you (Y) Happens so much doesn't it :)

And, when I don't know the names of these female skaters who are sponsored how will I find them? If you know them just give me names and I'll find them myself, but I ain't searching google for every female skater ever to find the ones you know.

*Sigh*

Search on google for "sponsered female skaters"

As I read earlier on today, if you can't use google then you're too thick to own a computer

EDIT: Make sure you spell "Sponsored" correctly though :">

Edited by andyroo

*Sigh*

Search on google for "sponsered female skaters"

As I read earlier on today, if you can't use google then you're too thick to own a computer

So what am I looking for? Most of it is just how the industry has had to grow clothing wise to accomodate for female skaters, there isn't a big list of all the sponsored female skaters. :)

So what am I looking for? Most of it is just how the industry has had to grow clothing wise to accomodate for female skaters, there isn't a big list of all the sponsored female skaters. :)

I'm sure youre brave enough to work out the rest for yourself

I'm sure youre brave enough to work out the rest for yourself

What? They now sell female skate clothes? That has nothing to do with sponsorship. Until you find me a list of female skaters that's a similar ratio to to the ratio of male:female sponsored riders I will give up. But at the moment it seems you're just trying to say there are sponsored female skaters, but there just ain't many, which is my point. :)