New Frame

steve sturt

Hello

Looking for a new frame so I can "retire" my aged pashley. Looking to spend up to £250. Not a huge budget I know. Was considering either a Woodman T pro or a Planet X Alibongo. I ride stock. I wont go for an Onza at all. I ride a good mix of street and natural. What do people make of these frames, and are there any other suggestions? I would Ideally like a steel frame, but sadly, no one seems to make them any more, within my budget. Im not particularly tall (5ft 8), and like to front tap. I dont want a super wide BB either.

Thanks in advance

Steve

I forgot to mention that I dont like these high bottom bracket frames either. They feel far too perculiar for me.

Edited by steve sturt

Hello

Looking for a new frame so I can "retire" my aged pashley. Looking to spend up to £250. Not a huge budget I know. Was considering either a Woodman T pro or a Planet X Alibongo. I ride stock. I wont go for an Onza at all. I ride a good mix of street and natural. What do people make of these frames, and are there any other suggestions? I would Ideally like a steel frame, but sadly, no one seems to make them any more, within my budget. Im not particularly tall (5ft 8), and like to front tap. I dont want a super wide BB either.

Thanks in advance

Steve

You aint gonna get a really good frame for your price budget.

But your best bet would be the Planet-X Alibingo.

I figured I wouldnt get much for the money, but I'm no tart. As long as it rides well and stays in one piece Ill be happy.

Why would you be a tart to spend over £250 on a frame? Half the people on here on a frame from the Echo/Zoo! range (including myself :( ) and see it as more as an investment; into a strong, light-weight, reliable and awesome riding frame.

But if the Alibingo does snpa/crack, the Planet-X do do a warrenty on them

What about a Revel? Bit more expensive but they look awsome. Or if you want a lovely long low silver bike, what about a Toxsin or a T-Rex (C'mon, it's a Coust in disguise ffs :( ). Pitbull copy from Dan Ko?

What about a Revel?  Bit more expensive but they look awsome.  Or if you want a lovely long low silver bike, what about a Toxsin or a T-Rex (C'mon, it's a Coust in disguise ffs :( ).  Pitbull copy from Dan Ko?

Funnily enough, I looked at the new T rex, but was put off by the rectangular tubes. I pictured a bloke with a hacksaw cutting them to length. I know thats not the case, but they look cheap. Im not too sure about these long low bikes, but am open to suggestions.

arnt t-rex's £249

i know you said you dont want onza....but for £250 it is an awesome frame....could u not be convined...!

I know everyone and there dog owns one, but thats because there good maybe?? just like back in the day when everyone had a levelboss.

I say t-rex :(

I just dont like the way they look. Ive never been sold on Onza. I dont like internal headsets.

Funnily enough, I looked at the new T rex, but was put off by the rectangular tubes. I pictured a bloke with a hacksaw cutting them to length. I know thats not the case, but they look cheap. Im not too sure about these long low bikes, but am open to suggestions.

The t-rex frame is a great frame and defiantly worth the money.

What about a Revel?  Bit more expensive but they look awsome.  Or if you want a lovely long low silver bike, what about a Toxsin or a T-Rex (C'mon, it's a Coust in disguise ffs :( ).  Pitbull copy from Dan Ko?

They do look nice, but Chris Doney was riding a Caisso at Addingham. Perhaps he just prefers that for the competitions...

What are peoples thoughts on the new Ashton? When is it available?

Check the site early next week

Don't touch the woodman Steve they crack.

Yeah, when Kev rides them they do...

If your not bothered by what it looks like..then why not a t-rex?

Does exactly what you want and has no bb rise (correct me if i'm wrong).

They are soo cheap, even i'm tempted to by one  :wink2:"

Aaron.

Just dont like onzas. The quality looks shoddy. Can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink.