Trials On The Front Cover Of...

Tomm

Right, so we have a newspaper here in dirty Manchester called the Metro. It's pretty popular, everyone in Manchester (I think) gets a free copy. Anyway, I never really look at it, but this caught my eye on the front page:

gallery_40_1085_3451.jpg

So, I turned to where it was and I got this:

gallery_40_1085_74587.jpg

No mention whatsoever of the word "trials" or anything that cool at all. God knows why they put that picture into one of those public service articles about how people should get out on their bikes. But meh, at least it's a picture in the newspaper. It's down by the Urbis centre in Manchester, near Victoria Station.

Anyone know who it is? Looks like a Monty Urban.

Definitely a T-Raptor.

Note the irony of "Saddle up" and the picture they used.

I like the "Metromagazine sent Sarah Warden to find out how to buy a bike."

Surely the article could've just been "Go to some bike shops and talk to people there" :'(

EDIT: Best photoshop skills *ever* with the pic of the bike on the cover...

Surely the article could've just been "Go to some bike shops and talk to people there" :P

Yeah, but the article is all about a little bike shop near me. It's basically an advert for The Bicycle Doctor™ shop, which is a tiny boring shop way away from the city centre. Oh well :'(

Incidentally, they sell keyrings that say "BikeDoc" on them. Wonder if BikeDock have something to say about that :angry:

He doesn't wear a helmet and gets in the papers! Yet us Helmet wearing citisens get asked to move on and stop being antisocial. What is this world coming to.

maybe the cap he's wearing is a magic head protecting hat that gives him magic anti-pain powers..

No.

:'( sorry.

The roadtrip guys did a demo in manc the otherday. Thats probably what it is :P

Um no. Read the thread. The article was just a random rant about cycling. Nothing to do with trials apart from that one picture. The latest summer craze is just "cycling" by the looks of it :'(

I would also suggest people get decent lights if they are going to be riding after dark.  That's a legal requirement!

Well cap told me they did a demo in manc and it was gonna be in the paper :P

It won't be. I've been in three "photoshoots" that "are going to be in the paper". It's just some freelance photographer that has a bit of time on his hands and takes some pics for the hell of it. Although maybe if I was good/pretty enough some of the pics might have made it into the paper :'(

Fair play if they do get an article though :angry:

The latest summer craze is just "cycling" by the looks of it  (Y)

Hehe, I like how they plug the summer craze as summer ends.

Reminds me of those GreenDay c**ts releasing that "wake me up when september ends" shit right during the middle of sunny summer...

My now ex-MSN name says otherwise (Y)

Nah, I guess it's still on the go, but you'd have thought they'd have spotted the summer trend BEFORE summer, so it'd actually mean something.

It's kinda like a betting man going "I think that Greenday-are-Wankers will win the 3:45 at Ascot yesterday."