New Chain

JIX

Well people used the Shadow Conspiracy ones for a bit because they looked cool, and then they found out they were shit and stretched all the time. BT were just about 3 months too late jumping on this particular bandwagon...

On a side note: Do BT make BMX stuff as well as trials?

same breaking load as a kool chain isnt it? :P

Yeah, but there's other things to worry about, like stretching and how well it wears (Will it fall apart after 3 months?) and indeed weight. I can't see any reason to use one of those over a Kool, but never mind.

Well people used the Shadow Conspiracy ones for a bit because they looked cool, and then they found out they were shit and stretched all the time.  BT were just about 3 months too late jumping on this particular bandwagon...

On a side note: Do BT make BMX stuff as well as trials?

i had an interlock for a while because it seemed strong, very adjustable and wrapped nicely round my cogs (plus it looked cool :P )

but to cut a long story short....

a72618_large.jpg

I got a nice tin though :P - its actually ended up being really useful - fits perfectly in an inside pocket in my bag and a good size to keep my tool in :P

oh shadow conspiracy and redesigning the chain though, to cope with the stretching!

this does look very much like a half link kool chain though and kools are pretty stretchy themselves.

mike

That chain is also sold from Cycle Sport Limited for a tenner. It's the Shadow Interlock 2, which Shadow will probably charge 2.5x the amount Cycle Sport do for it :P But either way, if you don't need a half-link I don't know why you'd get one.

f**k - even if you DO need a half-link I don't know why you'd get one. KHE Collapse is where it's at :P

They just mean that if you run a 9t driver on your cassette hub you can use it. This is 'cos the original Shadow chain couldn't, so they've addressed that issue and the fact they used to just fall apart. However, the main flaw was the fact that they doubled in length in 13 seconds, but there's nothing they can do about that, so they don't mention it.

Anyway, the Shadow Interlock V1 was OK for trials use, in the sense that it'd go round your sprockets fine anyway.

that would have come in handy for me lol. My chain broke on my when i was doing a small ped kick up a wall lol. Broke my finger and my knee.... now i'm out for 2 months :( :"> :(

Edit: forgot t spell check

Edited by bquamb