My Old Astra Gte 16v

MikeWarner

To be honest, my Dad's car looked just as clean using a hose and some random cleaning fluid (can't remember the name, he bought it for his VFR but used it on his pickup and his estate), yet probably cost him loads less to do <_<\

Fair enough though if it's what you like doing.

I think people have different standards of clean. Not only is it clean, but the paint is 100% smooth with no swirls, scratches, discolouration etc. It is a bit more than just clean.

Edited by MikeWarner

lol that is seriosuly cleeean.

my car is so unlcean that instead of being shiny it's gone more like a matt paint and the dark marks i thought were just rain marks are actually permanent.

think i'll crack open the old t-cut and maybe a bottle of elbow grease.

I dunno, I guess I've not seen enough super duperly shiny cars and normal clean cars, it'd be cool if you had got Before and After shots <_<

A buddy of mines got one of those coupes, sooooo nice, full red leather interior and the heated seats etc and when he wants to he can make it chip nicely! I can't imagine what yours must be like with the tune-up!

My golf looks almost that clean and its 20odd years old and I cleaned it with a rag and some Autoglym resin polish then high gloss wax.

Pictures do cars no justice really. Especially when you put all the effort into cleaning them. It looks shiny but as people have said no shinier than something you buy from a dealer, plus I pretty much guarantee you have swirls somewhere if you used a mop.

You can clean it all you want but it still wont be a VW (Y)

Just my 2cents anyway.

My buffer is not a rotary, so they are no swirls. It was used to remove swirls - which it did very well. The photos don't do it justice to be honest, but the car sort of glows instead of simply looking clean.

The work I put in would show up more on a darker car, as white and silver cars tend to hide defects anyway. I'll be cleaning my wife's black car this week, so that should be a contrast.

Hi Mike, I've almost certainly seen your car (and yourself) as I'm a good friends with Jamie Fisher (lived nextdoor to him for the best part of 6 years) and I've been to a few shows and trackdays (traxx and coombe) with him back when he had his cav. Not really seen much of him lately - pops into work now and then, the almightly Halfords in waterlooville :angry: How's his astra doing?

Andy P

Edit: Just had a look at a few of the pics and noticed you were at goodwood. Trackday? I was there a few weeks back for a mini track day - muchos fun.

Edited by Andy P

I live near Goodwood, so it is a great place to take photos - there wasn't an event going on, although they were preparing for the Revival this weekend.

I saw Jamie on Saturday as we had a track day at Castle Combe. Jamie is a member of MIGClub which I run. Thinking about it, he still owes me £45.....