Brake Pad

SamHolmes

I was out ridng today and started hopping up some stairs and then my back brake went....

Then I saw a brake pad on the floor and the backing had snapped in half :P

Ive never seen this happen to anyone else before and just found it strange the backing snapped

Not to bothered as they were free but just thought Id post anyway :)

gallery_1481_767_9777.jpg

well problem is, is the backing isnt steves design, so if they snap its not really his fault. maybe the backing coming away. but myabe just a single pad. steve isnt mass production, each is glued by hand. so maybe just a good job it was a test rider :)

ben

Im not a test rider for heatsink :P

And I wasnt blaming Steve for it, just found it strange that the backing snapped

magura backings snap from time to time. i have seen a handful of snapped ones. it is not a heatsink specific problem. i have seen both powerpad and magura backings snap. it's just a case of bad luck and a manufacturing fault. nothing to worry about.

i still do not understand how you can rip pads off backings.. i dont even glue my pads in, i just press 'em into the backings.. do you use tar?

They do just come away sometimes. Matt's V-pads (the production ones) did, I've got a few CRMs here that have - it just happens. Do you do any fakie moves or anything like that?

your crazy if you dont glue the pads in!!! lol

Mine have flew out before (rimjams :blink: :lol: :lol: :D ) and i flew into my girlfriend and nutted her :"> :"> :"> hehe

But i havnt had any other make of pads fall out, but my rimjams (coincidence?) backings snapped.... all 6 of them (Y)

I had that problem on some Honigs but i was replaced with the new reds and they are much better glued and havent budged. I think this was down to the pad rubber being being softer on the Honigs so it flexed around more but the reds are harder yet grippier (Y) :- I find that weird?Anyway I feel Heatsink are the way forward as theyre all good and Steve is a good man.

Kieron (Y)

• 4 weeks later...