Trials Specific Shoes

Luke Drewery

I have recently been tempted to buy a pair of trials specific shoes, such as the monty or try-all ones. However, are they really worth buying? Do they feel better to ride in than skate shoes? I have always worn skate shoes for riding in but wouldnt mind trying some trials boots however if they arent much good then i will spend my money on something else. Anyone here use them, good/bad points?

Cheers,

Luke :blink:

my view may not be valid...since i've never worn any trials specific shoes....

but...from what i've seen, they last nowhere near as long as similarly priced "other" shoes (around £60?).

Is the grip really much better? Do they offer any extra support?

I'm as interested as you actually...

adam

they feel amazing, i love the feel they give and i really want another set but i dont have the ££££mooooolar£££.

if you got the money deffo try out a set, yik ones are going for £30 now on selectbikes if you wanna try a set for cheapo

yeh but only up to size 7 (Y)

but if its gonna help to not fahook your ankle as easy then surely thats a good thing? even if you do look like a tard...god i wish my ankle was still in working order  (Y)

I think those ankles supports that work as an insert are much nicer, then you have a shoe made by someone who knows how to make shoes. Like DC or Etnies or Clarks or Faith, even Dolce and Cabane(?).

I think that unless you do ballet, then trials shoes should never be worn.

have you even ever worn any??? i think not.

they feel so much nicer than skate shoes and i feel a lot more comfortible knowing i got some good ankle support.

they do help support your ankle, when i had my yiks i used to get away with a lot that i know i wouldnt haver got away with with skate shoes.

i went back to skate shoes for a bit and i have had bad ankles since, there is nout better than trials shoes imo, and they dont look that spazy imo (apart from them new viz ones (Y)) even if they do who cares????? they fecking work good.

Edited by James_Porter

Wowee thats cheap why the sudden price drop?

Becuase there shit. My mate had some and in the first 2 weeks of having them they ripped on the right side of each foot! And the under soles where all ripping he dent even giove them much abuse etc.

and do they help much with rolly ankles?

if so im buying some...even if i will look like a clubfoot

Yes they are really protective on the ankles!

Trials shoes are also VERY light. But i advise you not to get the yiks but get some try alls or something.

My mate has some try alls as well hes had them for about 2 months now and they are still in good condition.

If i was to get tosme new shoes to wear for trials i would get some more skate type shoes

Chris... (Y)"

Becuase there shit. My mate had some and in the first 2 weeks of having them they ripped on the right side of each foot! And the under soles where all ripping he dent even giove them much abuse etc.

Yes they are really protective on the ankles!

Trials shoes are also VERY light. But i advise you not to get the yiks but get some try alls or something.

My mate has some try alls as well hes had them for about 2 months now and they are still in good condition.

If i was to get tosme new shoes to wear for trials i would get some more skate type shoes

Chris...  (Y)"

The koxx try-all shoes do look the best to me, for both looks and quality. However, for £70 a pair they best be good! I wouldnt mind ankle support, though i only ever have trouble with my knees (not serious, just aches after long rides). If i get the money (prefer spending hard earned cash on bike parts etc) then i may get myself a pair in the future. (Y)

Tryall shoes are closer to £60 aint they? Mine are lush, I ride in them all the time, I'd hate not to now! The feel you get is alot more posotive with the pedals, theres alot less "I want to slip" and alot more "GRIPPPPPPP" I used to ride in skate shoes but they tended to feel too bulky and not very nice, there was alot less pedal feel and alot more slippage! Get some (Y)

James (Y)

I think that unless you do ballet, then trials shoes should never be worn.

or you are in fact a tiny little pixie

Why do people seem to think that its either skate shoes or trials shoes??

There are loads of trainers out there that are spot on for the job.

I agree I had some old addidas shoes for tennis (oh yeah) that were minto for riding thin sole loads of grip comfy .....

anyway dont waste your money on shoes you can only wear for riding that will only last like a month and are overpriced generally.

anyway dont waste your money on shoes you can only wear for riding that will only last like a month and are overpriced generally.

i have had a pair of onld monty shoes for a year and a half now and the oly problem with them is that at the front the sole started to come off ( but not much ) so i just glued it back and its fine now! and u can wear them any wear if you are not planning on looking your best!

e.g: to work??

to the shop?

to clean somewhere?

etc.......

joE!