Strongest Spokes On The Market

Ben Geary

the dt's are to me the best/strongest spokes on the market...........

iv used em for 4 years and only broken 1!!!! and that was in my front wheel when i used my spokes as a hooking device (Y) and it sort of snapped one........ ;) was funny at the time,the rim didnt look too good either.......

Waynio.............

alot of people use sapim too but iv seen people break the sapim spokes.......all the wheels on XC bikes tend to use DT spokes too, the only DT spokes i have seen alot of break are the blak ones. as they are thinner to start with then coated. personally i wouldnt use anything but "silver" spokes and DT (Y)

the dt's are to me the best/strongest spokes on the market...........

iv used em for 4 years and only broken 1!!!! and that was in my front wheel when i used my spokes as a hooking device  ;) and it sort of snapped one........ :-  was funny at the time,the rim didnt look too good either.......

Waynio.............

alot of people use sapim too but iv seen people break the sapim spokes.......all the wheels on XC bikes tend to use DT spokes too, the only DT spokes i have seen alot of break are the blak ones. as they are thinner to start with then coated. personally i wouldnt use anything but "silver" spokes and DT  (Y)

Both the black and sliver are the same width, why would they change it anyway, to compensate for the colour, don't think so (Y)"

Look

Adam

Both the black and sliver are the same width, why would they change it anyway, to compensate for the colour, don't think so  (Y)"

Look

Adam

it's becuase they are painted, so the spoke has to be thinner cuase of all the coats of paint what go on to it to make it the same thicknes of a sliver spoke, if i'm right.

and thanks people for replys i think i'm going to go with dt spoke

thanks,

ben.

(Y)

They aren't painted though, they're anodised, aren't they?  I seriously doubt they're any weaker/thinner though.  Even if they were, we all know black spokes look cooler :D

A men to that :lol: .

If you not doing big moves ime sure you could run black spokes and be fine with them, I mean you can understand why Porter snaps them :P" (not sure about everyone else) alot of it depends on the wheel build I think .

Orr if you wanted black spokes get the silver spokes put the nipple on and hold the spoke by the top (this wont matter as its in the wheel) and spray black wala :D .

Sam

Edited by samthebiker

its mainly dt or sapim.

i have had nothing but trouble with sapim allways snapped and i just hate the basterd things.

i use dt (These) and they are really good and for the priceyou cant complain at all, i havent snapped any in the how ever many months i have had them in my wheel.

I agree, sapin spokes so easily if u hit them. I broke 2 in 2 days. But ive been ok ever since. I would suggest DT spokes though

Steve

They aren't painted though, they're anodised, aren't they?  I seriously doubt they're any weaker/thinner though.  Even if they were, we all know black spokes look cooler :)

Amen to that! On a slightly related note, How long go you reckon it would take to colour in spokes with a marker pen? :)

Pete

black spokes are electroplated, which is basically anodising but for steel.

get the DT Swiss Apline III spokes, they are tripple butted and strong as you like, i have always used them on my dh bikes and on my old 26" trials bike, and ive never had a problem, they also build up a ver stiff wheel. and only abotu 65p each compared to £3 for sapim CXrays, which do not build up a stiffer wheel.

stu