125 Bike Help!

Richie

Right hey guys, I'm 17 tomorrow :P and i'm wanting to get myself a nice 125 for the road and i've seen alot of these copy bikes and i was wondering if any one can advise me on them, weather i should or not basicly ive got a tight budget of about 800-900 so if any one can provide details of a better bike around that price otr it would be much appriciated.

Or would second hand be the best bet?

Thanks

Richie.

Look up other topics mate, theres been a few on this sorta thing.

If I was you DO NOT go near one of those jap crap copies, there slow, unrealible and just generally sh*te!

Try and get somein like a DT (off road) or maybe a RS125 (road)

You should be able to pick one up cheap if you look around.

RS's are fast and look "ok" and corner as far as you can get it over so they always get a good write up.

Nick C was looking at a MZ 125 which looked pretty good.

Get on the auto trader site and do some searching!

Rob :P

yeah? <_<

That TW is feggin rancid, big gay fat tyres and no real style about it at all, something your gran would ride!

Is it possible to restrict say a 400 or 250 to 125 no more than 14.6bhp?

On a CBT, no.

You cant legally ride anything above a 125cc on just a CBT test.

If you go out have some lessons on a 125 then do a theroy test and your final bike test then you can ride anything as long as it's restricted to 33BHP which is what i've done. I was going to get a 125 but then decided to get a 400, then thought ma go all out and now I have a CBR600 which is an absolute beast!!

If you wanna cruise in style then you'll have to have lessons on a 125, I had 2, 2hour sessions at £35 each then final test which was £50. Plus bike hire of around £60 and theroy test on top as well.

Once thats sorted you'll have a full bike licence and then after 2 years you'll be able to de-restrict it to it's full power.

I've only got 1 more year to wait, 100BHP and power wheelies here I come!!! :ermm:

But on your budget that may be hard, you can pick up an older bike for around £900 though I suppose!

Rob :unsure:

Edited by Rob P

Once thats sorted you'll have a full bike licence and then after 2 years you'll be able to de-restrict it to it's full power.

I've only got 1 more year to wait, 100BHP and power wheelies here I come!!!  <_<

Roll on March :unsure: then the Ducati SS 750 comes out to play haha!

But yea, any kind of Yamaha DT125, Kawasaki KMX 125, Honda SR 125 (harder to find road versions of), Suzuki RM 125 (again hard to find road versions)

check out www.adtrader.co.uk for 2nd hand bikes in your local area. I would reccomend riding a 125 for a bit before taking your test. It will be a bit of a shock on weight and power ect. Even if its just for 6 months, its enough to get you used to handling a biger bike before you kill yourself on something like a 500

Roll on March  (N)  then the Ducati SS 750 comes out to play haha!

I would reccomend riding a 125 for a bit before taking your test. It will be a bit of a shock on weight and power ect. Even if its just for 6 months, its enough to get you used to handling a biger bike before you kill yourself on something like a 500

Yeh good advise although I went straight from my 50cc to the 600.

Ahhh moment of a lifetime that was when the dealer came and took my bike away in his van and dropped off my new bike, the first time I heard it start, i think I cam a little. :)

was not to bad though cus my 50cc was the same sorta style and had gears so was the same but ALOT more power and more weight.

Check out autotrader site as well :- :-