Pace Rc31xc Carbon Fibre

Whiteboy

you cant use a disc over 160mm as i have found out the hard way, also they are quite strong, as long as you dont crash them, they are standard at 440mm or something the new ones, iv had some modified by pace themselves and had to write and sign a disclaimer to say that i wouldnt sue if they broke on me and caused me injury. they are nice forks mine in particular they are really short the tyre is right under the crown and i think i measured them at 380mm so there not as flexy as the normal standard height ones.

Waynio...........................

you could get a set and modify them yourself if need. easy enough to do.

it won't be the steerer tube to go it will be the drop outs. I can say that even if your a really light rider they will still break in peices because they are made of magnesuim. As it has happened to me before.

chris

You're fatter than me though you chuffing fat boy!

Rossi.

LOL! Whiteboy you crack me up!

You just can't help trying to be me can you (Y)" although you can't exactly so go for a half bodged attempt, sorry mate I couldn't help it :">

I fitted my forks thismorning and they look pretty smart, i'll get some piccys up if you like?

matt

id like to see some

yewe cant go off anything cultiv8ed chris says he abuses the system!!!!! hahahaha

they are nice to ride on and if they are shorter they are less prone to flexing, dropouts only snap if you use the incorrect rotor size or throw the bike around.

they wont snap at the steerer BUT could possibly twist at the crown iv been told as the crown is the weaker part as it is really light. this is what pace instructed me and i havent had a problem with mine apart from running a 203mm rotor on them and snapping the dropout off (Y) i will bash them back on my bike and make a vid with them on, front touch and stuff is great on them the only thing i wouldnt be as confident doing would be hooking, but i will try and see what happens.

Waynio.....................

Get them if you have the money. If you have even more money, you could get the coust beta carbon forks if they ever bring them out (Y)

They aren't, so you're f**ked :) If they did, they'd be well over £600. It's Goldtec they were made by too (also known as Betd though - run by Jason Carpenter too I believe, but I think they focus on different products...).

Avoid USE forks like the plague! They were discontinued for a reason! The flexiest forks known to man, completely unsuitable for a trials bike unless you do nothing on the front wheel. I've actually seen the legs twist out of the crown using a disc. When I had a pair all those years ago I couldn't believe I had spent so much.

Super lightweight, but dangerously flexy. Anyone experienced riders who have used them would agree I'm sure.

Pace forks are actually real carbon not cnc alloy or what ever those forks are??? as the USE ones creaked like a mo fo!!! we had one pair in the shop and had more problems than what they were worth (Y)

i think my pace ones weigh like 600grams :) normal sets are 700 n odd.

Waynio.....................

il try get some pictures at some point and put them up.