Online Pc Test

Smo™

ZZZZZzzzz I said about a month ago that this test was pointless. It only goes by the spec of your PC (meaning you could be bogged down with a load of stuff) and it's outdated so an x800 is about the best card it knows. Anything above that won't get any better scores. So basically, it's not worth bothering with. Someone find an up-to-date one.

What Motherboard you running? Jesus, just realised how much you've overclocked. Is it still running stable, with other benchmarks etc?

I'm running an Epox 9NDA3+ and it's being cooled by a thermalright XP120 with a low cfm akasa amber fan running at 800RPM and has a gig of PC4000 crucial ballistix. I'm limited by this mobo as it can only do 280fsb for 24/7 running, but i can push it to 290fsb for benchmarks etc, but the cpu is capable of 3GHz stable : just need a better mobo which i can't afford. Will have to keep my eye out for an nF3 based DFI.

Other benches I've currently run is currently limited to spuerpie to 1M places which my best time is 33.65 secs, should be able to get under 30 @ 3GHz. Am going to run a couple of 3dmark tests later so will post the results then, doubt the 03 and 05 results will change much, but the 01 should get a lot better.

I want to play at overclocking, but computer doesn't like it. The RAM's holding it back a bit (212) but the motherboard only seems capable of around 220 anyway. Next computer I get will probably be something I can overclock a bit, and probably not a shuttle. Although I don't really need another computer, dammit.

How much have you overclocked, and what Mobo you running???

only got it 100mhz over stock speed, was 2.4 originally. Im runnin a DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb motherboard.

Pretty much the best socket 754 motherboard around, althought the new EPox one looks amazing, with the SLI support.

Ive also got this cpu watercooled so its extremely stable and fairly quiet.

only got it 100mhz over stock speed, was 2.4 originally. Im runnin a DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb motherboard.

Pretty much the best socket 754 motherboard around, althought the new EPox one looks amazing, with the SLI support.

Ive also got this cpu watercooled so its extremely stable and fairly quiet.

nice motherboard, i'm looking to get the S939 version to get the most from this opteron.

What RAM are you running? and what sort of temps are you getting?

I would have thought a watercooled cpu would be able to get a bit more than a 100MHz overclock, mines currently 700MHz over stock in 24/7 config.

nice motherboard, i'm looking to get the S939 version to get the most from this opteron.

I would have thought a watercooled cpu would be able to get a bit more than a 100MHz overclock, mines currently 700MHz over stock in 24/7 config.

If i was you, i'd save for the new socket thats comming out very soon, the 940 (Y)

Also Tank_rider, What marks do you get in 3dmark 05??

Edited by Hoot

I'm running Kingmax PC4000 HardCore. It's good value and performs well. I only got the water cooling stuff about 2 weeks ago so aint really settled into some overclocking as yet. As for temps, i aint checked.

Motherboard monitor dosnt run with my motherboard and aint been arsed to play with the bios recently.

I'm running Kingmax PC4000 HardCore. It's good value and performs well. I only got the water cooling stuff about 2 weeks ago so aint really settled into some overclocking as yet. As for temps, i aint checked.

Motherboard monitor dosnt run with my motherboard and aint been arsed to play with the bios recently.

What speed have you got your RAM running at?

My motherboard isn't supported by mbm5 but I've found speedfan can do the job, just took a little more fiddling to get sorted, but has more functionality in that i use it to throttle my cpu fan dependant on temperature, keeping the whole system running pretty damn quietly.

i use it to throttle my cpu fan dependant on temperature, keeping the whole system running pretty damn quietly.

Can't you do that in the BIOS? I'm suprised at that really, I can with my Shuttle bios. Works quite well, the only problem is that the lowest speed is still really noisy. I might buy a quiter fan though...

Can't you do that in the BIOS? I'm suprised at that really, I can with my Shuttle bios. Works quite well, the only problem is that the lowest speed is still really noisy. I might buy a quiter fan though...

probably can, but this is easier and doesn't require messing around with all the cabling under my desk (i can't get into the bios when im using my kvm switch).

What speed have you got your RAM running at?

My motherboard isn't supported by mbm5 but I've found speedfan can do the job, just took a little more fiddling to get sorted, but has more functionality in that i use it to throttle my cpu fan dependant on temperature, keeping the whole system running pretty damn quietly.

I have no idea what my ram is runnin at atm. I honestly havnt opened the bios in about 6 months, and in my drunken state right now i shant play about with anythin like that¬!!!!

Talk tomorrow lads, time for the sleeeeeeeeeeeep

• 1 month later...

I'm at uni at the moment, but have got a new mobo and gfx card, and now have my cpu running at the same speed as an FX-57 :D

Superpie time under 30 secs, and a new 7800gt gets me some better 3dmark scores too :)

will run this test again and post up the results etc.