Mod Riders Look In!

colly

just moved onto mod from a stock and havnt had chance to ride any big steps yet. but on my 26 it was the front tap to get up. so what heights can be tapped on a 950mm wb 221 ti? or is best to bunny hop or pedal kick to back wheel thanks

Tapping's fairly redundant on short mods, really. I tried learning to tap my T-Pro (which came in at 990mm or so), and it was just sorta pointless, really. When it did go, it really sailed up there, but because of the smaller WB and area to hit, it meant that it was more hassle than it was worth. Mods are prime for just bunnyhopping up or just pedalling-up to back wheel, so just try that. There's that video fo Benito Ros bunnyhopping or pedalling up 9 pallets (can't remember which method) or something like that, so you can still go pretty big on them :bunny:

Tapping's fairly redundant on short mods, really. I tried learning to tap my T-Pro (which came in at 990mm or so), and it was just sorta pointless, really. When it did go, it really sailed up there, but because of the smaller WB and area to hit, it meant that it was more hassle than it was worth. Mods are prime for just bunnyhopping up or just pedalling-up to back wheel, so just try that. There's that video fo Benito Ros bunnyhopping or pedalling up 9 pallets (can't remember which method) or something like that, so you can still go pretty big on them, really.

you crack me up mark :bunny:

yer, i can bunnyhop higher than pedalling and tapping on my 1m mod

i reccon its the best way :(

Will

Yeah bunnyhopping is the bestway for high things....Also i often use a sort of rolling wheelswap technique to get up walls on my T pro. you dont get stunningly high, but its so much easier and much less effort to do so compared to pedalling up them! :bunny:

Just bunnyhop or pedal-up it.

There's that video fo Benito Ros bunnyhopping or pedalling up 9 pallets (can't remember which method) or something like that, so you can still go pretty big on them :(

Actually, that's Benito bunnyhopping 10 pallets ( 56.3" ) to backwheel and he makes it look easy :bunny:

Just bunnyhop or pedal-up it.

Actually, that's Benito bunnyhopping 10 pallets ( 56.3" ) to backwheel and he makes it look easy :bunny:

Only 6" behind that Spanish b*****d :( He did make it look ridiculously easy. Mods just rule for bunnyhopping though.

Oh, and Will - f**k you, really :S

Amen to bunnyhopping, I've managed to get my fat arse up 42" and I've never (intentionally :S ) done a front touch in my life :(

Joe

Same here!!! Theyre evil!!

I just pedal kick-up stuff, used to bunny hop on T-pro, and T-Lite, but Python doesnt like it, takes forever to get it up :bunny: B)

For some reason I find bunnytaps rediculously scary. Think this just the fact that I'm heading at the wall saoo fast and knowing I intend to hit the front wheel thats a bit off putting. When people do the right though, they can get seriously high.

For some reason I find bunnytaps rediculously scary. Think this just the fact that I'm heading at the wall saoo fast and knowing I intend to hit the front wheel thats a bit off putting. When people do the right though, they can get seriously high.

yeah they can be pretty sketch sometimes, but i prefer them because i can't actually pedal at thing (gaps and ups) - though it feels so good when you get one.

when i do them (actually have done any for a while though, gonna have to get some done :$ ) i do a small bunnyhop so my front wheel hits the wall and then do another bunny hop , to get onto top of the wall, thats what it feels like to me. plus i take a shorter run than if i was just plain old bunnyhopping up it.

I sometimes tap on my short mod. On lower stuff, about bar height, it feels more controlled. Or if you want to get up something rounded, like a concrete pipe, its really good to tap. But now I'm trying to do more bunnyhops, or hook-ups :$(which i do from a bunnyhop, to get the speed)