Disc Brakes, Which Are The Best For Trials?

Fishy

Any disc will do providing you remeber it's not gonna fli pyou over the bars right out the box.

Just as your Maguras have to with what ever pads you run take a little bit of bedding in okay.

Any hope system will do. M4, DH4, Mono6ti are all overkill as is anyhting 203mm size and above. The mono mini's leak as most people are not looking after them. Yet to have any come abck thats used for xc, dh, ds, jump, 4x, trails...but trials they do...not cos it's hardcore but cos of the lack of care and more than likely knocking it.

Avid Jucies are wow. I tried sidehop's and it was only just fitted and on his mod with my ass over the abck it still flicked me over. He said it was easy as hell to set up to.

Hayes...belive Spoons x x runs one. i had Hayes on my DH bike and out the box wow and afet ra week in the Alps i was shocked a sthey worked better than the std disc i had on my Corsa!

Formualr seams to have it right with this new ORO thing...

Magura...well Echo fav it but now they seam to fav Hope...Koxx fave Magura and Hope and Coust are Magura too...so must say soem,thing. i once had old school Louies and wow..they where uber cool

which disc brakes are the best for trials?

hey monty rider to...lol. i used to have hope mono's but bent rear disc twice trying side hops not trying to out you off. but i'd reccomend them well good for trials. :turned:

which disc brakes are the best for trials?

hey monty rider to...lol. i used to have hope mono's but bent rear disc twice trying side hops not trying to out you off. but i'd reccomend them well good for trials. :)

Avid Jucies are wow. I tried sidehop's and it was only just fitted and on his mod with my ass over the abck it still flicked me over. He said it was easy as hell to set up to.

He he, yeah, It's a VERY nice brake, nice modulation and locks well too. out of the box I was amazed! So easy to set up. Because of the Tri-Aligned Caliper you don't have to bother with spacers and stuff. It fits right on and doesn't rub. As soon as I put it on I went out for a little ride and was really impressed I didn;t have to bed it in at all it was just working. Lol. I have the 160mm one and that's plenty powerful, I would like to try the 180mm or the 203mm! :)

As for the Mono Mini, I had one for about 2 days and couldn't stand the damn thing! It rubbed all the time, even though I had spacers on there so it was spaced out right, then the lever would go all crappy, come into the bar and make a stupid noise when I pulled it. I think it just needed a bleed but I still wouldn't touch one again. I'll stick with the Juicy. :P

I would stick with the Juicy because;

• It has a TPA on the lever which adjusts the biting point of the pads but doesn't affect the feel of the lever.
  • It has a nice solid feeling lever which is also nice on your finger.
  • It's easy to set up, just do a few bolts up and viola.
  • It can also be used as a back brake because the whole lever can be turned upside down and the TPA unscrews so you can turn it round.
  • The TPA looks really solid inside because it's just one FAT thread so it wont snap like the Magura ones!
  • It's easy to find pads for because the Avid pads are all the same and will fit in all Avid disc brakes. I think.
  • It's fairly cheap (£109 from CRC)

I think that's it. :turned:

DON'T get a hope mono mini, 3 of my freinds have them and all are leaking only one of them hasn't sent it back to hope. Get an avid BB7 they are awsome and cost less :thumbsup:

Yea, seriously, if you get a 180 or 203(over doing it, haha ) mm rotor with that thing its a wonderful brake.

As a back brake it would be a pretty good one as well( especially with a 180mm rotor ). Look at this one;

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BR5...l+Disc+Bra.aspx

(its an american website)its a dual piston mechanical brake, which is awesome, cuz dual piston brakes are generally hydraulic. and not a bad price for it either.