High Bb's

Gregc

Hi

Of those who have rode any high bb frame what opinions did you have of the how the frame rode, was it easier/harder than a normal bb rise frame for certain moves? With so many mixed views on them I cant decide wheter to go high bb, or not. Although ther seem to be quite a few advantages with it against a normal bottom bracket rise frames, ive heard of a few disadvantages, e.g Taps and gaps.

Surely if high bb rise was the way to go and the frames made your riding improve then World champions such as Vincent Hermance and the Coust brothers would be converting to high bb? It all seems very confusing (Y)

Cheers

Greg C

on ians vinco its nice on the backwheel but thats about it, i believe it has too much bb rise

but its personal preference some people like trials some like skateboarding or the whole mod v.s. stock its personal preference i currently ride a t-rex and i love it but for my next frame im going for a higher bb rise and length

HOPE THIS HELPS RIC

i have a raven 6 with about 40mm rise. awful for the first few rides-no big gaps, dodgy ups and a weird sea sick fealing. i did think about getting rid, but stuck with it and my riding has progressed significantly now after a month of persiverance.

ultimately its down to personal preference really and some high bb frames look bad in my opinion.

B)

i have a vinco and to be honest i hae it on street lol. but wheni ride natural its a whole different can of beans its the dogs bollocks on natural and of story.

if i was to buyanother frame it wont have more than 50mm o bb rise

i also have a vinco and i have to say that i love it. after the 1st few rides you realise that they are so nice to ride, everything(cept bunnyhops) are so much easyier . Gaps to front and to back are a lot better, taps are as easy, pigieons/replacements are so easy. on natural(maybe not if you like to use bash) is great, feels really at home on rocks. if you need any reassurence about high bb watch the TRA vinco video

To be honest I aint gota fukin clue what to do now about a new frame, as so many people have diff advise it just confuses my views..... hm..... Im thinkin about getting bombers on my bike now....hense the post bombers on a pashley

why dont you buy a longer bike? something like a short echo control? my mate had 1 and really liked it and pulled some pretty cool streety moves on it, he also rode natural on it very well. you can also tap and hook and gap great on it, but still pull most of the moves you like to do. and at 270quid its bit of a bargin. i wunt encourage you to run sus though, you ruin the geo of your frame and you will lose all the responsiveness out of the front end

why dont you buy a longer bike? something like a short echo control? my mate had 1 and really liked it and pulled some pretty cool streety moves on it, he also rode natural on it very well. you can also tap and hook and gap great on it, but still pull most of the moves you like to do. and at 270quid its bit of a bargin. i wunt encourage you to run sus though, you ruin the geo of your frame and you will lose all the responsiveness out of the front end

I did ride with sus on for about a year, on a diff bike, I think it wil suit my style

BB rise takes some getting used to, but after that, Id say it is GREAT. General trials moves seem so much easier, as you have so much more space to manouvure yourself around the bike (as you are much higher in the air above the backwheel, so can tuck more, etc). However, IMO the standard vinco is just too long and too high BB- something like that would IMO destroy the flicky feel of most trials bikes, so just comprimise and have a bit of BB rise.

Now im used to BB rise (especially as I have now fully converted to mod, which has a lot of BB rise), theres no way that if I was to buy a stock again I would ever buy anything with less than about 20mm BB rise.