Freeridetrials Round 3 Jam!

PaRtZ

OK The competition has been scrapped, but I'd still like to run an indoor jam. For this we require 3 things:

1: Riders

2: Rider committment

3: Money for the hall

Those are the bare necessities. Anything else is a bonus

I've decided on only having the jam on the 22nd of October for two main reasons. The first is that Im not here on the Sunday, the second is that we need as much money as possible to cover the cost of the hall. If double the hall costs are raised, then I will allow all participants of THIS event, a discount on the next event we raise (and I mean half price or less :- )

Now the hall itself costs around £60-£70. I don't know for sure as I've never had to deal with that.....

If this jam shows lots of response, Ill invite the press along too, AND put it in the papers so you have a chance of being in the local paper....which you'll never read....hmmm anyway... :P

Id like to apologise for those people who have paid already to Tom. Contact him regarding refunds :P

Ill update this post when I get news of hall costs etc. For now If you'd like to participate please post below.

Thanks for your time

Matt

PS Please turn up!! :lol:

Yer that sounds great matt at least your trust worthy ! But i think people are going to be put off by toms shit excuse to cancel the comp i love it how he just RUINS lots of people's plans! Better offer huh well refuse it u tit ! Ur the organiser of our club so do your f**king job ! :P Looser !

.....................jam sounds gd :-

Josh.

i think your missing a vital point here since he has been at uni he has been quite busy. i have a friend at stoke uni and she has been stacked out with work for the 1st few weeks.

the jam and stuff i will possibly try and turn up il see what everyone else is doing the likes of bucky etc etc.

Waynio..........................

is mintsauce going to be there????i think its matt barlow??? does anyone have a contact number for him too??? cheers all.

i think your missing a vital point here since he has been at uni he has been quite busy. i have a friend at stoke uni and she has been stacked out with work for the 1st few weeks.

the jam and stuff i will possibly try and turn up il see what everyone else is doing the likes of bucky etc etc.

Waynio..........................

is mintsauce going to be there????i think its matt barlow??? does anyone have a contact number for him too??? cheers all.

Think matt's going, is an elusive one that one :- fire him a pm :P

Ive decide that so long as the hall rent is less than £80 This event will run REGARDLESS. I have £40 of the club funds and I am willing to make the rest of the fee up out of my own pocket. The first entries will "pay me back" first and then the rest will go to the club

Ill get forms sent out asap. Ill find out the hall price tommorrow and that will tell you all if its going ahead or not.

That s all for the event

In the meantime if anyone speaks to Tom tell him that me and Rob want our money back and we will involve the police if he messes us around like he did with Rob

involve the police if he messes us around

i think everyone here needs to seriously re consider the rerasons for the comp being canceled.

1 - i have only recieved one entry (£5)

2 - the hall is £150 a day plus £50 an evening to set up

3 - i live in liverpool and am not prepared to run an event with only one guaranteed entry

4 - i have been offered a weekends work i cannot refuse for the good of myself or the clubs interests

5 - i have recieveed NO actual help in organising this event

so before anyone tries giving me shit about returning etnries, they will all be sent straight back on the day i recieve them (matt yours is in the post already).

before anyone gives me any shit about ruining anyones plans - i've had my plans ruined by those of you who said you were coming and couldn't be bothered to send in your entries

and before matt goes running off to organise an event maybe you should think a little deeper into the financial effects of running an event: (£200+ for the hall, £400ish for insurance for the year, transport costs, purchase of screws, nails, straps etc) if you run an event that is not insured i will be the first to ask for your resignation off the committee, all events we have run before have been on someone else's public liability insurance, we no longer have that option and have to take out our own policy, matt - your too young to do this and i have been working very hard over the past 2 months to try and set up our bank account and secure an insurance policy that is worthwhile having.

i am not prepared to take abuse for the cancelation or postponment of this event, i appologise for the problems it will cause some people but there was too much work financially and personally to be done with no guarantee of anyone turning up, this isn't a game anymore, if we want the club to be successful we have to have the commitment from both sides, that means you guys actually sending your entry forms in, they've been available since the beggining of last month and now just 10 days away from the event i have still only had ONE entry.

if you do decide to run a jam then i hope with all sincerity that it is a great fun and safe event and that you get a good turn out. we also need to discuss between the core committee members some of the issues the club is facing at the moment and having just come back from a biketrialUK meeting there are some new issues to discuss however here is not the place for it.

please stop trying to make me out as a trouble maker, i have done all i can to make the comp run and be a success but i CANNOT do it all myself and the weight of these events needs to be shared among the club.

tom

Ur the organiser of our club so do your f**king job ! :blink: Looser !

yes thats right josh i am the organiser but not of our club because you've never paid your membership and made it quite clear on a number of occasions you want nothing to do with the running of the club...

oh yeah and my reasons for cancelling the comp were all genuine not that i feel the need to explain myslef to you in any way seeing as your neither a club member nor have you entered the comp that i unfortunately had to cancel...

Whoa! Can't you kiddys keep it to pm's and emails? Doesn't paint a positive image for the club out here on the hoobynet.

I'm sorry i didn't send my form in but like you Tom i've got Uni and other things to sort out first. Apparently its my third year (Y) Scary stuff! I can't wait for the next comp/jam i'm sure it will be well worth the wait :blink:

Edited by tipsy Jock

5 - i have recieveed NO actual help in organising this event

I sent you a PM as soon as you made the topic asking if you wanted help. You never replied which is why I haven't done anything :blink:

Edited by PaRtZ

I think its plainly obvious that a lot of people (me included) have let this event down, by not sending entry forms in (take a look at the other thread) for whatever reason , but I do want this event to go ahead and I apologise for not getting mine in.

So everyone should so there support by getting there entry forms do over the next couple for days, because the really are tons of fun and the stuff you ride on is like nowhere else in the country :blink: And I have talked to people who are looking forward to going in the last couple of weeks.

FreeRideTrials_Club Round 3 Comp and Riding Jam Llandudno Comp Saturday 22nd, Jam Sunday 23rd October 2005 – 12am

(Sign on from 10am)

For up to date information contact freeridetrials_club@yahoo.co.uk

Venue: The Old John Brights sports centre, Llandudno, North Wales

Directions: Follow signs for Llandudno then follow FRT_C signs to event

Public transport: take the train to Llandudno, turn right out of station, go into the Asda car park and then go around the back to the sports centre

Parking: on site car parking

Entries: in advance with full payment by Oct 15th or on the day with a £2 surcharge (subject to space in each class). Entry to comp gains free entry to Jam, Jam only entry available at £5 including day membership

Entry feel: £5 with club membership. Annual membership - £15, weekend membership - £5. £2 surcharge for entry on the day

Enclose an SAE for confirmation of entry and directions etc…

Cheques made payable to Freeride trials club and sent to:

Tom Johnstone - Freeride trials club

Plas y nant

Abergwyngregyn

Gwynedd LL330LY

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Rider Declaration: I, the undersigned, apply to enter the event described above and in consideration thereof: - I declare that information on this form is complete and correct. I understand and agree that I participate in this race entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards and that I must ride in a manner which is safe for myself and all others. I am aware that the function of the marshals is only to indicate direction and that I must decide whether the movement is safe. I agree that no liability whatever shall attach to the event management, promoter, landowner, race

sponsor, governing body, or any race official or any individual authorised by the afore mentioned, in respect of any injury, loss or damage suffered by me or by reason of the race, however caused. I understand and agree that I am required to register my arrival by signing-on at the event or other designated area, not less than 30 minutes prior to commencement of said competitors first competition.

I enclose an entry fee of £…………….

Signed …………………………… Name …………………………………………………….………… Age ……..…

Home address ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

………………………………………………………………………………………… Post code ………………………….

Telephone number ………………………….. Email address …………………………………………………….

Parent/guardian name and signiture (if under 18) …………………………………………………………

Make of bike and wheel size ……………………………………………… Mod Stock Unicycle

Class: Intro (non trials bikes and complete beginners)

Novice (beginners and comp virgins who don’t want to enter a higher class)

Inter (competent riders looking for a fun challenge)

Expert (the best riders out there with some very committing riding)

mike

As it stands I have just phoned up the person in charge of the hall. She said that its £75 for 3 hours but she might bend the rules a little for us. Thats all fine and dandy cos I don't mind contributing a little more to this

The final problem we have is insurance. We don't need anything all dandy cos if anything happens I seriously doubt that any of you guys would sue.

Mike can you edit your post and replace toms address with mine:

Matt Everett

171 Marine Drive

Rhos-on-Sea

Colwyn Bay

Conwy

LL28 4LA

Alex has just suggested a local ride. So my proposal is this:

Everyone sends in their forms to me with the same said money and comes to North Wales expecting the Jam, IF it doesn't happen then I'll be there distributing the forms + money back out, and well go on a local ride

Thats the proposal. If its a shit idea then fair enough but the only one i see

Edited by PaRtZ

As it stands I have just phoned up the person in charge of the hall. She said that its £75 for 3 hours but she might bend the rules a little for us. Thats all fine and dandy cos I don't mind contributing a little more to this

The final problem we have is insurance. We don't need anything all dandy cos if anything happens I seriously doubt that any of you guys would sue.

Mike can you edit your post and replace toms address with mine:

Matt Everett

171 Marine Drive

Rhos-on-Sea

Colwyn Bay

Conwy

LL28 4LA

Alex has just suggested a local ride. So my proposal is this:

Everyone sends in their forms to me with the same said money and comes to North Wales expecting the Jam, IF it doesn't happen then I'll be there distributing the forms + money back out, and well go on a local ride

Thats the proposal. If its a shit idea then fair enough but the only one i see

or...

get everyone who enters to sign a form, saying they are responsible for their own actions and if they get injured then its their own fault, kinda thing...

ta

or...

get everyone who enters to sign a form, saying they are responsible for their own actions and if they get injured then its their own fault, kinda thing...

ta

those forms hold no legal basis in a court of law, if someone fell on a section you'd built and did decide to sue you would be 100% acountable. please do NOT run an event without insurance, i will do everything i can to stop any events i think are being run under the freeridetrials club name that are not insured because it will do no one any good and i am not prepared to let myself end up in court because an event has run un insured.

will - i didn't ask you to do anything because by that time i'd realised the comp wouldn't be able to run

matt - i asked you to secure the loan of all our pallets from asda and you told me you couldn't do it, if you can't find the time for that how would you find the time for anything else?

because when i asked you, i was asked to tell morrisons when i was available for work to which (as you didn't reply) i thought "oh he must have it all sorted, so im not needed" and i said i can work any day possible. If you had said at that point "yes matt, id like some of your time as i need you to ask asda for pallets" then i would have been able to say that i dont want to work on a couple of days if necessary. You cant change your mind and expect things to go your way :blink:

I hate to interfere, but for goodnes sake ... don't even contemplate running any event without adequate insurance, and don't consider attending one.

Just because people are "mates" doesn't mean that if by some fluke of an accident they end up crippled for life - or worse - that they or their parents aren't going to do all they can to claim compensation for them being in a wheelchair or whatever for the rest of their lives because you didn't secure some pallets together properly, or whatever the circumstances.

I would be very surprised if the hall would actually let you use their premises without adequate insurance - have you checked? Because they too would be liable, say if someone fell off that balcony acting silly, or had a few drinks too many and tripped on the stairs, or whatever.

If it went to court, a disclaimer wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on.

Think again, please.

On another note. Don't be too harsh on Tom.

Having run many many trials events I know how worrying it is when only a few entries have turned up at the closing date. The last TykeTrial event, as at the closing date there was only into the teens of entries. Now when you know what your expenses are, low entries are worrying. Luckily that Club has backup funds - Freeridetrials is quoted above at having about £40. (If I remember rightly, very few turned up to the last event - who's to say that wouldn't happen again, and the club be out of pocket.)

Also from experience, about 60% of the entry for any comp arrives late. Be fair, play the game, and GET YOUR ENTRY FORMS IN ON TIME.

Barbara

would we need insurance even if it were a jam and not a comp? run under the name 'trials is so cool oh my god!' ?

Yes - any event.

If you were to hold a party at home and someone was injured they could claim compensation off you. I've even heard of burglars claiming compensation for tripping over something left on the stairs in someone's home they were burgling!

Remember all those TV adverts ... "have you had an accident that wasn't your fault?".

On another note. Don't be too harsh on Tom.

Can't help it :)

But what pisses me off so much is the way he said "I'll organise a competition" and then changes his mind which let all the locals down and others too. Ive been talking to quite a few and they said they were going to pay on the door. Except for me and Rob who paid in advance.

Can you give me a rough estimation on a day's insurance? if not direct me to a site where I can find out?

EDIT: Never mind, I've given up with trying to rescue this (Y) Jam is cancelled im afraid unless someone else wants to take it up

Thanks

Edited by PaRtZ

Liking street ride idea (N) bangor? tudno? bay? rhos? (LMAO at all the old biddies!!)

Actually I'd like to see waynio ripping up rhos! lol!!

EDIT: OK third plan is to just have a big street/natural ride in Colwyn Bay/Rhos. Colwyn Bay is where the station is so so long as you get the right train, you cant get lost as we'll be waiting (Y) We'll ride around colwyn bay for a bit, then head to rhos for the largest natural sections in the world!!! well not really, but they stretch for about 2-3 miles :D

Edited by PaRtZ