Spacers For Isis Bottom Bracket

modx-lite

Got a nice new ENO a while back, but it rubbed on my frame. So I swapped the spacers on my BB round (one on the left was wider than the one on the right),a dn that solved it.

Anyway, managed to somehow crush the spacer on the right, so I need a new one, and was just wanting to konw of anywhere I can get one?

LBS didn't have one, and Ive got a steel tube to cut down to make my own but it's looking like it'll be a bit too thick (might rub on the actual BB shell).

Think I'm gonna need it to be aroun 15-17mm size, not exactly sure. Oh and the inner diameter is 22mm from what I could tell, if that's important.

Thanks a lot for any help

Gavin

Got a nice new ENO a while back, but it rubbed on my frame. So I swapped the spacers on my BB round (one on the left was wider than the one on the right),a dn that solved it.

Anyway, managed to somehow crush the spacer on the right, so I need a new one, and was just wanting to konw of anywhere I can get one?

LBS didn't have one, and Ive got a steel tube to cut down to make my own but it's looking like it'll be a bit too thick (might rub on the actual BB shell).

Think I'm gonna need it to be aroun 15-17mm size, not exactly sure. Oh and the inner diameter is 22mm from what I could tell, if that's important.

Thanks a lot for any help

Gavin

erm if you space it out that much, you wont have much thread on the bb in the frame, and will no doubt bugger up you bb shell

Hmmm I'm now gettin a little worried - the spacers on at the minute are on the axle... That's how it came from when I bought it (managed to get away with not touching a thing on the bike for like 8 months somehow, so I hadn;t even taken cranks off til then), so I presumed it was normal?

Why's it not a good idea, to do with the crank on the splines? Cos there still looks to be plenty of sline-age in the crank.

Thanks again

I think you should only use a 5mm spacer to run a 73mm BB in a 68mm frame. Like Chris said, if you space it out any more you're at risk of threading the frame which wouldn't be pretty. Not sure why you would need to space it out any more, unless you had bought the wrong size BB...

I think you should only use a 5mm spacer to run a 73mm BB in a 68mm frame. Like Chris said, if you space it out any more you're at risk of threading the frame which wouldn't be pretty. Not sure why you would need to space it out any more, unless you had bought the wrong size BB...

2.5mm spacer isn't it? 'cos that way it moves both cups sufficiently?

Anyway, if it's an FSA/Try-All or similar, then it'll come with 'spacers' on the axle that just stop the ISIS interface on your cranks mashing to a pulp on the end of the BB spindle where the splines stop. Making these spacers thicker/adding more is sketchy, as there's not much in the way of crank arm on the spindle anyway, so you're just risking f**king up the inside of your crank arm/the end of the BB.

You can't use spacers on axels.

You can use spacers on axles. Isis axles are not tapered. I have been using a small spacer on the driveside for ages now, works dandy.

Spacing square tapered axles is another story though...

I made my own spacer for the axle. measures up at OD 24.1mm, ID 21.3mm and a thickness of 2mm.

Anyway, if it's an FSA/Try-All or similar, then it'll come with 'spacers' on the axle that just stop the ISIS interface on your cranks mashing to a pulp on the end of the BB spindle where the splines stop. Making these spacers thicker/adding more is sketchy, as there's not much in the way of crank arm on the spindle anyway, so you're just risking f**king up the inside of your crank arm/the end of the BB.

That's how it is ^_^

So if it's not a good idea to use spacers, any alternative ideas? Just need to stop the freewheel rubbing on frame...

You can use spacers on axles. Isis axles are not tapered. I have been using a small spacer on the driveside for ages now, works dandy.

Spacing square tapered axles is another story though...

I made my own spacer for the axle. measures up at OD 24.1mm, ID 21.3mm and a thickness of 2mm.

Well, i mean you can't space it out like 10mm or something like that. But the more you space it out the 'less fixed' the crank will be onto the bb axel.