Hopping On Back Wheel?

kb_trialer

Yer thats what you need as accidents happen if you don't control them as you dont get in a good position like the other day I was hopping onto the sharp curved brick and I tried to gap the little gap to drop. The trye was behind the curved brick so I went nowere but I done a good bail in to a van ;)

So yer it doesn't take long to learn them but does to control them I'm still learning ot controlthem properly and I've been riding 3 months.

Toby ;)

started riding bout 8-10 years ago, so back then there was nothing to tell you how to do any thing, all we had was dirt, so i would think it took me mouths i would think cos i didnt start off trying that 1st, and wasnt that easy on a p7lol

Edited by big_g

it took me ages - and im still crap but i dont even bother practising any more. it dont stop me from riding trials

i like to think i have a style of my own (well almost my own) and ride without corectional hops (manifesto?) if only i was that good ;)

i've been riding for about 2months aswell, it took me a few days before i could do about 10 hops on the back wheel. I can do about 30 front hops now, If i do many more i just get tired out.

do you actualy count? ;)

i think one of the things that held me back to begin with was that i was to worried about how many back hops i could do or how high i could bunny hop - sure its kinda important but as long as you have the right idea to begin with just go out and ride

Zoo_Monkey thats the best way to be, just go out and ride and have one you will still pick it all up, and your still have fun, by just riding will help you get better , it just all takes time.

doesnt mater if you can 20 back hops,its just down to how well you can do it, and that your happy on the back wheel and that will only come with time.

it took me ages - and im still crap but i dont even bother practising any more. it dont stop me from riding trials

i like to think i have a style of my own (well almost my own) and ride without corectional hops (manifesto?) if only i was that good :)

do you actualy count? (Y)

i think one of the things that held me back to begin with was that i was to worried about how many back hops i could do or how high i could bunny hop - sure its kinda important but as long as you have the right idea to begin with just go out and ride

i've been riding for about 2months aswell, it took me a few days before i could do about 10 hops on the back wheel. I can do about 30 front hops now, If i do many more i just get tired out

See the "about" in that sentence.

Edited by tom_wilko

I got it rather quickly. I had the benifit to ride with a trials rider. I found it really helped just by watching him. All of the site's online have great tips, but if you get the chance to ride with someone who can do it, I find it really helps.

• 3 months later...