Scratched I-pods Lead To Lawsuit!

Koxx_TryAll

A lawsuit has been brought against Apple by iPod nano customers unhappy with the ease with which the MP3 player's screen became scratched.

The proposed class action lawsuit, filed in the US District Court in the Northern District of California in San Jose, demands compensation in the form of a full refund plus a share of Apple's profits from the nano. The plaintiffs are also seeking a refund of the $25 that Apple charged to fix the problem.

The filing alleges that the devices 'scratch excessively during normal usage, rendering the screen on the Nanos [sic] unreadable, and violating state consumer protection statutes'.

Apple declined to comment, but has previously admitted a problem with some of the early iPod nanos. Indeed, after an initial flurry of complaints the issue had disappeared until resurrected by this lawsuit.

However it has also conceded that some scratching is likely and recommended that iPod nano users purchase a protective cover. The lawsuit alleges that Apple released the product knowing that it was defective but did not admit so until forced to do so.

What do you people think. Looks lik ethe new i-pods ain't as good as people say they are!

Nick

What do you people think. Looks lik ethe new i-pods ain't as good as people say they are!

Nick

who ever said they were good? I for one could tell they sucked the first time i saw them. However if people want to buy them, then that's their choice, apple isn't forcing anyone to buy them.

Sewing them is a bit petty, they are just after some quick cash i expect. It's not exactly traumatising when your ipod scratches is it.

Stupid americans sew for everything.

It all sounds like shite to me. I bet the scratches aren't that bad at all. It's just a bunch of fags that like their iPods to be all shiny. The nano doesn't use any different plastic to the normal iPod anyway. In that link Tom put up, they have some huge scratches in the screen and it's fine. Stupid Americans.

^^initial post^^

"Apple declined to comment, but has previously admitted a problem with some of the early iPod nanos. Indeed, after an initial flurry of complaints the issue had disappeared until resurrected by this lawsuit."

The nano's may use the same plastic and everything but apple even admitted to a problem which they fixed. So even if there's no problem now, there was at some point. And if a typical, pompus, mardy, ipod user got a dodgy one, then got it replaced, even the smallest little scratch would make them paranoid and think "apple obviously ain't solved this, lets sew them so i can get rich and probably buy even more apple stuff becasue i'm a moron".

Why dont they just use scratchproof plastic like my s700's screen? Who cares about a few scraches anyway we all ride trials bikes (Y)

Ive got one of those (S700)! Know any good games/software for it?

Anywho, the nano is fine, but because its smaller people are probably giving it a bit more of a bashing or something, but no matter what, plastic will scratch at some point, so whats the fuss?

yeah thats what I read, same plastic for g3, g4, colour, and nano... yet everyones only complaining about the nano. Seems a bit odd to me (Y)

I've got a 2GB Nano, and I think it's ace. It does everything I want and nothing more. Almost perfect in design, I'd say. It's a little scratched but nothing I wouldn't expect.

The reason these are getting scratched more than the old ones is actually stupidly simple: the old/normal ipods, even the mini's, are really too big to just throw in your pocket if there is anything else in there, but the Nano is so damn small you find yourself just sticking it in any pocket and forgetting you have keys/coins/phone in there already. Hey presto, fooked Nano.

If you put any ipod in a bag with some keys and coins and shook it around for a few hours a day it would get scratched too.

Tip for the day: put it in the little inner pocket that you have on your jeans. It's a perfect fit and there's no chance of it jangling around with all the other shite you keep in your pockets :D

Tom (a happy Nano owner).

I had a iPod mini 4gb until my music collection grew too big. How many scratches after a year? 0.

Simply put I used an iSkin, it made it a wee bit bulkier but saved it.

PS what's the craze with putting 'i' and 'my' infront of everything. e.g iTrials MyCalculator MyWallet iWallet <_<

If you put any ipod in a bag with some keys and coins and shook it around for a few hours a day it would get scratched too.

haha yeah thats exactly what i've done to my ipod 5 days a week for about 2 years. Just goes striahg in the front pocket of my bag along with keys, coins and all sorts, then gets thrown about all day. It's even got propper dents in it now <_<

Doesn't bother me, tis an oldie style ibrick anyway, plays music, holds my main mp3s, does me fine ^_^ It's one robust mofo too, almost everything else (including phone) i've broken in 1/4 the time.