New Echo Prices

Towler

Im with phil.

As with all dengs products, they will have been tested. How many pythons have broken? Not many, probably because they were tested well, not just because deng got lucky with his designs.

I think echo hubs will be the next big thing, same engagement as a CK, without the fear of dieing if it skips because it will be like an ENO skipping. Oh, and less ruined jeans.

tarty's dont have them in yet, im sure they will get some pics of the internals

You betcha!

The rear hubs ARE 116mm spacing, but then again, so are the frames! They've done it since existing hubs were 110, then adding 3mm each side for snail cams... gives 116mm. So the Teams and Pythons have actually been 116 for a while :blink:

Adam

You betcha!

The rear hubs ARE 116mm spacing, but then again, so are the frames! They've done it since existing hubs were 110, then adding 3mm each side for snail cams... gives 116mm. So the Teams and Pythons have actually been 116 for a while :-

Adam

So these wonderful new mod hubs are no good for any mods, bar echo's n zoos?

i was speaking to adam on monday night about getting a wheelbuild.

i was going to get my king built onto an onza hog rim until he said that the new parts would be in the next day! i changed my mind and asked for the new echo rim instead. he should be sending it back today and so i will recieve it tomorrow.

the reviews of the new rims are good which is why i decided to try one. they are reasonably priced and supposed to be extra strong, with doubly thick sidewalls to take twice as many grinds which is good!

all in all most of the new echo parts sound great :-

Well it appears everyone's been putting 116mm Echo hubs in all frames; and 110mm Onza/Koxx hubs in 116mm Echo/ZOO frames for ages, so I cant see there being a problem!

presumably, if you take the snail cams away you go back to a 110mm spacing.

or am i being dim?

You would be correct poopipe, the snail cams are 3mm wide each.

The snail cams fit over the axle, but butt up against the stainless steel sleeves on the axle - therefore, removing the cams won't take the hub down to 110mm spacing - more like 114mm (according to my ruler, cant find my verniers)

You're right in saying the cams are 3mm thick though.

Oh right, havent seen a hub in the flesh, so i was assuming that it would be 110mm without the cams.

I guess if people are that worried about the frames (which have silly strong one peice CNC BB's now anyway) then they can run cams on the outside :-

Edited by Hobnobs

Oh right, havent seen a hub in the flesh, so i was assuming that it would be 110mm without the cams.

I guess if people are that worried about the frames (which have silly strong one peice CNC BB's now anyway) then they can run cams on the outside :-

so... are those of us without silly strong one piece CNC BBs (t-pro owners) going be able to cram one of these hubs in without the frame breaking or do i just go out and buy a profile now?

Select bikes dont have it in their catalogue, they are the importers, so looks to me like it is a bit special.

There isn't a single echo importer any more, that is y the prices of the frames etc are so cheap now, deng is supplying straight to the shops, ie Bikedock, Selectbikes and Tartybikes, therefor cutting out the middle man, this may be why they are not on Phil's site as he may wait to put them up when he gets them into stock.

I will also be able to review a new echo rim soon, ordered mine today, so hopefully in a few days, once i get back to uni i will build it and see how it goes.

Adam

There never was any one in between echo and selectbikes :) Deng just made them pay more.

The prices have all dropped, theres been no-one cut out. (Y)

Yes, but there was always Selectbikes between Deng and Tartybikes, and i presume Bikedock too, as selectbikes was the sole importer, meaning other companies had to buy the frames/parts etc off him, which pushed the price up, now the stuff is going direct from deng to the companies like tartybikes and bikedock there is no middleman, so no extra price increase.

If u understand what i am saying.

Adam

Yeah i do, but thats not what was pushing the prices up. (Unless selectbikes were putting some massive price boost onto it somewhere)

Does tarty buy direct from deng now then?

I think that deng has just decided he can make just as much money because he has the market completely to himself, so he can drop his prices.

Yes, but there was always Selectbikes between Deng and Tartybikes, and i presume Bikedock too, as selectbikes was the sole importer, meaning other companies had to buy the frames/parts etc off him, which pushed the price up, now the stuff is going direct from deng to the companies like tartybikes and bikedock there is no middleman, so no extra price increase.

If u understand what i am saying.

Adam

that isn't the case, Even with the low prices now we still supply trade, the prices from the factory have dropped so our % drops a lot more resulting in cheaper frames, why are the frames cheaper? because other compaines are stealing the same designs.

Phil.

that isn't the case, Even with the low prices now we still supply trade, the prices from the factory have dropped so our % drops a lot more resulting in cheaper frames, why are the frames cheaper? because other compaines are stealing the same designs.

Phil.

Sorry, got the wrong idea, Thanks for clearing that up Phil.

Adam