Is This Laptop Any Good?

Davetrials

Depends if you want portability or power, There are laptops with desktop specs, but there huge, heavy, and only go for about 30 mins on thier battery. My mates got one with 17" screen, P4 3 ghz, 1gb ram, 100gb HDD and so on, but it was over a grand, and its heavy- more a portbale desktop pc than a laptop.

Mine i an AMD 3200+ 512mb Ram, 15", 40gb HDD screen and goes for 45 mins - 2 hours on a batery depending what im doing. I think this is roughly good spec, it certianly fine for what i need.

The sepc of the laptop as it is isnt very good. But would be pretty cool upgraded!

Do you know anything about computers? What would be the point in spending £650, or whatever it is, to upgrade it immediately. And laptops are harder to upgrade than computers especially seeing as Dave knows very little about them.

Do you know anything about computers? What would be the point in spending £650, or whatever it is, to upgrade it immediately. And laptops are harder to upgrade than computers especially seeing as Dave knows very little about them.

I was just saying. That he could buy it to use for what he wants. But if he wanted better anytime then he could get it upgraded!

Anyway Dave. Have you tried ebay?

my mate had that acer at the end of term, ready for uni, and it was pretty decent, played games on it and stuff in the common room. unfortunatly the battery life was very short, like 1.5 hours i think. not a problem if you use it mostly plugged in at home/uni room though.

That deal looks like a goodun to me :) Looks nice a slim too, which is always important in a laptop if your gonna be taking it places. Good balance of spec/price/size there :-

wow, that is actually quite good! Nice and slim and decently priced!

(Y)

£180 for 3 years cover aswell.

Edited by JT!

Acers, hope it goes well... My friend who has one has had a faulty power supply... motherboard... hard disk... cd drive... and now some of the keys on the keyboard have stopped working. Its been shit. The support is great and fixes it each time... but man... it sucks!

When its working, its nice though (Y)

Acers, hope it goes well... My friend who has one has had a faulty power supply... motherboard... hard disk... cd drive... and now some of the keys on the keyboard have stopped working. Its been shit. The support is great and fixes it each time... but man... it sucks!

When its working, its nice though (Y)

Surely that's just an one off though. He's a very unlucky ducky.