Unicycle Trials

Rich J

hi ive decided to take a break from 2 wheels for a while and ive just ordered a unicycle! i have seen videos of people doing trials and other crazy stuff on them and it looks well cool so i thought id give it a go. i was just wondering if anybody else rode a unicycle and if anyboby can do trials on one. also can someone tell me any good sites for videos and stuff. thanks rich

I seem to be the resident Extreme Unicyclist here on TF, I've been riding for 3 years and ride Street, Trials and Mountain. The best places for info are Unicyclist Community, Unicycle Source (UK) and Unicycling Tips & Tuts (currently down due to bandwith exceedence). All of which will be invaluable for any unicyclist. There's also a lot of info on The Unicyclopedia. As for extreme videos, I'd check out the movies page on the unicycling tips & tuts site (when its back up), or some of the recent video threads in the community. Or just go to the Unicycle Source & order Defect, the new dan heaton production (Trailer). Its ace, I got it last week.

Good luck with learning, of you've got any questions just ask, I'm on here every few days at the least.

Loose.

They are good for balance, particularly for things like stillstands and stuff it helped me with.

Its actually pretty easy to do once you can actually ride one, and a trials bike rider should learn pretty quick.

Sammonty you'll have to come on a trials unicycle ride with me sometime, do you have msn?

They are good for balance, particularly for things like stillstands and stuff it helped me with.

Its actually pretty easy to do once you can actually ride one, and a trials bike rider should learn pretty quick.

Sammonty you'll have to come on a trials unicycle ride with me sometime, do you have msn?

Have just got msn & just working out how to use it. (Y)

i ride a unicycle, well i ride trials on a uni cycle, well i just started about 3months ago!

i found it has helped me alot with my riding, but when you fall of the first time you go on it don't give up!

it olny took me 3 days to learn how to ride and now im hopping all over the place! (Y)

its ace,

so have fun and be careful, wear protective gear!

feel free to add me to msn if you want! my addi is in my profile.

hope i help

ollie

to me trials unicycles look quite painful with the constant banging on the bollucks, is it really as bad as it looks?

no!

it looks like you bang your balls, well some times you do, but not very oftern, because you bend your legs to take the shock, like you do o a trials bike, but if you bent yor legs to far, then (Y) it hurts!

i learnt that the hard way :D

ollie

Mine came today but mums put it away till (Y) :o

noooooooo! thats torture! she can't do that! im getting a new frame, tyre, seat and pedals for chrismas :( but my mum hasen't got them yet! so she will get them near christmas and then i won't have to wait long. I hate knowing your present is in the house but you don't know where, and even if you find it you can't ride it, play on it ect..

ollie

hi ive decided to take a break from 2 wheels for a while and ive just ordered a unicycle! i have seen videos of people doing trials and other crazy stuff on them and it looks well cool so i thought id give it a go. i was just wondering if anybody else rode a unicycle and if anyboby can do trials on one. also can someone tell me any good sites for videos and stuff. thanks rich

Sarah and Paul's Muni Page is worth checking out.

Chips

i have now been riding for about two hours in total and i can just about ride a few metres but its sooo fun and you just get hooked. and all my mates have tried and they think its really hard but cant stop trying to ride it. its addictive and i think people should try it and see what they think and dont give up because of the pain it goes after a while!