Bell's Palsy

ZeroMatt

Yesterday morning i woke up and found the right hand side of my face was paralised, i went to the doctor and he said i had Bell's palsy. He gave me steroids to take 8 daily but he doesn't know how long it will take to go. Does anybody know how long it will take to go away as its really pissing me off?

If anyone feels the need i'll post a photo.

Edited by ZeroMatt

Yesterday morning i woke up and found the right hand side of my face was paralised, i went to the doctor and he said i had bels polsy. He gave me steroids to take 8 daily but he doesn't know how long it will take to go. Does anybody know how long it will take to go away as its really pissing me off?

If anyone feels the need i'll post a photo.

please..that sounds kinda harsh

Depends what caused it. It's because you compressed your facial nerve on one side. So basically once you get rid of whatever's compressing it you'll be fine. My nextdoor neighbour had it because she had a tumour on that side of her face, and that never went away I don't think. But you haven't got cancer.

From a book: Weakness worstens for 1-2 days and then stabilizes, any pain resolves within a few days. Most people recover within a few weeks.

I got Bells Palsy for a while, a few years ago now. Mine didn't quite just turn up overnight... I had a pretty bad tick in that side of my face for a few days, which got worse and worse and sort of took over one side of my face until it was totally paralysed.

I think I was quite lucky with mine - it only lasted about 5-7 days.

I'm sure the doctor told you, but it's a good idea to get some sort of eye patch to wear when you sleep (or even around the house generally). Not only does it make you look like a cool pirate, but it protects your eye as it can't close itself if something gets in it.

Apparently i've had it 3 times before but i can't remember it, so it may be that im succeptable to a virus, well thats what my doctor said.

I tried wearing a patch but it just screwed up my vision when i took it off, everything was completely blurred.