Cycology-young Enterprise Business

Biff

Interesting how when you want to try and make money from T-F, you're all happy and like everyone, yet the rest of the time you say it's all shit, all the members are shit, and that it is, in general, shit? Ah well :turned:

40 pallets really isn't that much. I've got 10 here, and unless it's going to be very low level, that won't cover much, especially with that many levels of difficulty.

But like everyone else said: £20K? Are you really sure about that? I've never, ever heard of any other company being offered £20K for their Y.E. company, in that like Simon pointed out it'd rape the bank you're registered with/the Y.E. overall company?

Interesting how when you want to try and make money from T-F, you're all happy and like everyone, yet the rest of the time you say it's all shit, all the members are shit, and that it is, in general, shit? Ah well :turned:

40 pallets really isn't that much. I've got 10 here, and unless it's going to be very low level, that won't cover much, especially with that many levels of difficulty.

But like everyone else said: £20K? Are you really sure about that? I've never, ever heard of any other company being offered £20K for their Y.E. company, in that like Simon pointed out it'd rape the bank you're registered with/the Y.E. overall company?

I think he is rough estimating, bein 40 is quite a lot, and not realising, like you said, the number of difficultys, how ever, it also depends on the logs, because lets face it pallets only won't be as good, just basically 'flat' objects, logs, pipes, the odd rock, etc will come in very handy :P

quick question how is the comp going to be held e.g. jam sesion format (nass/hop idol stlye) or and uci/bui format (scored on dabs ect...) sorry if its been mentioned already :turned: i haven't seen it mentioned though

Its not actually Young Enterprise providing the 20K, its the school who is giving it to us as a loan.

quick question how is the comp going to be held e.g. jam sesion format (nass/hop idol stlye) or and uci/bui format (scored on dabs ect...) sorry if its been mentioned already :P i haven't seen it mentioned though

We are going to be holding the comp hop-idol style as opposed to scoring on dabs. If you have any input on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Biff.

its hard to go bancrupt from 20k

Umm, when its not yours so effectively you will be 20k down at the begging (or however much you use), then its actually very easy to go bankrupt.

If you have 1 comp a month, thats 12 comps a year. If you use £6,000 of that £20,000 then you will have to make £500 PROFIT - NOT TAKINGS per event just to break even at the end! (Y)

Haha, if you spend any money you're gonna be pretty unlikely to make a profit (Y) Especially seeing as you can't always guarantee a good turn-out, good weather, etc.

Or that people are gonna go every month, either. Think about how the "North Wales Freeride Trials Type Riding Friends Making Money Association Club" events went, pretty much.

Haha, if you spend any money you're gonna be pretty unlikely to make a profit (Y) Especially seeing as you can't always guarantee a good turn-out, good weather, etc.

Or that people are gonna go every month, either. Think about how the "North Wales Freeride Trials Type Riding Friends Making Money Association Club" events went, pretty much.

you could try and rent out the school hall?

hahahaha! Right...! our Teacher said we COULD break into the £20,000 and take a very small preportion out of it if we needed the extra cash, not spend 20K on the event!!!!!! because what we are doing will take alot more than the £400 YE has given us to start with.

£175 for 40 pallets etc etc

Ah, a teacher...effectively giving £20,000 to a bunch of 17yr olds.

That is likely.

Have fun on your money making venture - Of course, by making I mean losing.

I wonder why Biff hasn't been validated again? (Y)

Whats your problem, if you dont want to turn up its no real loss, and im not trying to sell anything! i just wanted people to turn up.

Edited by Biff

So when you say £20,000.

You actually mean a very small proportion of that?

The one single best thing for Young Enterprise group is school discos. They attributed to 60% of our £1500 profit.

I am just saying that if you are doing it so you can have a fun day with all your friends, surely it's a little harsh on all the other members of the business who are just putting up money so you can have some fun.

Edited by TheCircus

So when you say £20,000.

You actually mean a very small proportion of that?

The one single best thing for Young Enterprise group is school discos. They attributed to 60% of our £1500 profit.

I am just saying that if you are doing it so you can have a fun day with all your friends, surely it's a little harsh on all the other members of the business who are just putting up money so you can have some fun.

Most of the members in our group are riders, even the girls. To be honest the feedback isnt as much as i hoped (Y) holding a comp/event might not have as big a turn out as lets say, the NBR comp held. Perhaps if i got craig and danny to pick a better spot people would turn up? somewhere a little closer?

Most of the members in our group are riders, even the girls. To be honest the feedback isnt as much as i hoped (Y) holding a comp/event might not have as big a turn out as lets say, the NBR comp held. Perhaps if i got craig and danny to pick a better spot people would turn up? somewhere a little closer?

Unfortunately, theres no such thing as somewhere a little bit closer because if you move it closer to one certain group of riders, it makes it farer for other groups of riders best off taking it to a town centre, it sounds more 'big' rather than in a little village that 99% of this forum has never heard of. The UK has lots and lots of trials riders all over the UK, moving your position from what you have in mind will help in a tiny way, due to being more riders in lets say, Sheffield. If it was upto me, I'd position the 'trials rig/setup' to a big town city: Sheffield, or Doncaster, reasons for choosing those is because they are the main train stations, and route off to many other train stations making it easier for the competers to get to. Good luck with everything though, if you need a hand I'm always a phone call away :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...