Jobs

Dai the Socket

So then.

I'm looking for a new job. Preferably interesting, with a variation of tasks, fairly good pay and about 10 - 14 hours a week.

I'm 17 so can't do bar work.

I've worked at Halfords and just quit 'cos the apparent floor manager is an incompetent arse hole, also building bikes with plastic levers and having to tell people they're 'ace' when actually don't work at all, is dishonest.

Woolworths?

Bars?

C'mon people. Tell me about your jobs, then I can decide what I wonna look for.

Loads of my mates work at this place called Teamsearch which is a call centre and really flexible hours, sounds good for over xmas atleast.

Nick

paper round!!!! too old!!!! im 16 and i do a paper round, but i do it once a week and get a minimum wage if £35!!! :D :P :'( so a papre round is good! oh and just to let you know my sister is 17 and works in a bar well a watress (sp?) and i get more money than her inone day than she gets for working a whole weekend, including friday and sometimes monday!!!!

oh and i deliver the advertiser!!!!

ollie

Get a job in a bar if you can. Glass collecting aint that bad, you can have a laugh and see how the bar works. Then when your 18 you should be lined up for 'promotion' to be a barman. It'll be easier than trying to apply for a bar job when your 18 with no experience, and it'll make finding a job in the future pretty easy (as long as you want bar work :D)

If you want retail, work in a shop? If possible go to a supermarket where you have to pay for trollies and push those around :P Is excellent pay, + tips + skive time + no nicey nicey for customers + scratch your arse all you want :'( Its my ideal job but they wont let me have it back :D

Im now on tills and it sucks. HARD.

If you want retail, work in a shop? If possible go to a supermarket where you have to pay for trollies and push those around :P Is excellent pay, + tips + skive time + no nicey nicey for customers + scratch your arse all you want :'( Its my ideal job but they wont let me have it back :D

Im now on tills and it sucks. HARD.

I worked at Sainsburys before and got bored big time. Not fun! Really boring. I want somthing a bit more interesting and fun to be honest. Don't mind having to work hard and have targets or whatever, as long as it's interesting and with interesting people, but that's obviously where I work.

Good point about bar work Tom (Y)

What kinda places should I go to? Big places like Goose and stuff? Or small pubs / restaurantes? I don't think I'd mind stuff like that, nor being a barman. But I'm not 18 yet as I said.

Cheers :) Nick

Ps Halfords sucks...

Woolworths is where it's at boyo!!!

Toys all the way!

Yeah its good, I work tuesday, thursday, saturday nights 5:30 - 8/9

Now it's coming up to xmas theres alot more hours going, like im working friday 5:30- 12 then the night before xmas eve I gotta work 8pm - 5am :P

Its a good laugh though, pretty regular evening out etc.

But I doubt they'll take on any xmas staff now, bit late cus all the xmas temps are in but if you do and your any good they will keep you on. Thats how I got my job anyway

Rob :D

Bar work is awesome, as once you get to know all your regulars and stuff, you dont have to be all nicey nicey. You can act a bit more natural around people and join in with conversations, jokes and various other thigs. Its far more laied back than say a waiter where you have to be far more polite.

I love taking the p**s out of my regular cusotmers hehe

Any posh hotels near you? They'll pay you too much just to do f**k all, my mates are reaaping those benefits, on nearly £6/hr and they're only 16.

I'm currently at halfords on £4.33/hr w00t!!! It's a good laugh though cos i don't work with any complete wankers.

Good idea batman!

That's the thing Nick, I had some COMPLETE f**kTARDS at my work.

I was expected to bring 72 bikes upstairs in boxes, put 'em away, make the notes, change the notes on't computer and cut 18 boxes up outside, in dark. Put 'em into the skip.

When the 'Floor Manager' who's just a fat b*****d who's been there so long they've gotta make him some kinda fake position, does nothing, and someone I know who's a Part-Timer too, does not much. Faces up.

I felt unfairly treated and got sick of it and told him I quit :D

Good idea about posh hotels and restaurantes. There aren't that many around me, but I can find some. Hehe.

I keep getting rejected for jobs. Pain in the arse. Especially when you get told 'you are over qualified', I mean what the hell, I have 11 GCSEs, most people who work here have 5. So gay.

Let's see what McDonalds have to say on saturday, hahaha.

Havn't heard back from M+S yeat either, or pestered the guy with the shop in the highstreet. Hmm, saturday wil be fun. :D

marks and sparks pays 6.80 an hour round here apparently.

or you could always go to next on 6.60 an hour.

and lets not forget topgirl, you could be 'changing room supervisor' :P bet that 'pays' well.

also, a lot of my school mates were domino pizza delivery drivers, they pay for your CBT and provide scootays, so you're all set. Plus you get tips, and mt local dominos pays in cash. :D

I'm currently at halfords on £4.33/hr w00t!!! It's a good laugh though cos i don't work with any complete wankers.

Yea halfords too, new manager seems worse than the other one. I work with some idiots though... you know the type that seem to think they know everything

Lidl, £7.70 an hour.

:D

Oooo, not bad!