Frame Protection

Ye an armourdillo will fit on a monty. i know 2 people who run theirs with them on. You could also look at chain stay protection. I find the best thing to use, and so do alot of other people is hose piping. all you have to do is cut it to the right size then just zip tie it on.

lovatt :angry:

Yes the amordildo will fit your bike mate and also they brilliant stop most dents and scratches :angry: i have had one for about 3 weeks now and i am more open minded to do bigger stiff without worrying about the down tube so overall they give me a bit of a boost knowing my frame isnt going to get knackerd in most cases :P :ermm:

me and a mate had a conversation bout frame protection today and yes armourdillo are great even though i havent put mine on for like 2 weeks but ive seen tyres and grips used as a frame protector but i we thought of a better thing what about cable use some outer brake cable and weld some guides on your frame simple would it work..... id prefer a armourdillo

any good product forsale that will protect my frame. i might buy an Armourdillo. will it fit a monty 219 magura??

any suggestion would be appriciated :P

hi i heard that you can fit one of the lizard skinz massive swingarm protectors on so it might be worth checking out one of them........steve :)

An Amourdillo is a must IMO, I land hard on mine atleast once a ride :P No dents for me yet

For the chainstays, on the drive side i use a couple of layers of old innertube. On the sidehop side i have a sheet of carbon fibre that extends down a couple of mm below the stays. Its super solid and works well. Came with the frame

to be honest i think the best way to stop dents is to use an old tire and tape it on it might not look as good but it really helps to stop dents.

the other option is to not bother with a protective pad and just live with a dent or scratch, if you start thinking along the lines are you really going to cover your whole frame with pads to save you getting dents you can't really, so there is no point in using a pad when you could dent/scratch any part of your frame anyway.

Gavyn :'(