Trials Footwear

wolfie

Can someone please enlighten me on why anyone should spend £70 on some trials specific shoes such as those made by try-all. What’s so special about them and the point in them because I can’t see them being any different than normal shoes?

Cheers gay's and girls

Wolfie

Well dont buy them then :'( Ive used DC shoes for the lasty 15 months and they've fallen apart now. Buying skate shoes now so i cant comment on how the try-alls are.

Use the search and youll find everyone's opinions on try-all as there have been MILLIONS (ok exagerrated there) of topics about shoes

Thanks you + good night girls

I've noticed alot of people moaning about trials specific shoes lasting not very long. Regular trainers or light skate shoes seem to last considerably longer. Plus they don't make you look like such a spak. Another thing to bear in mind also is the fact that people are probably wearing their skate type shoes off the bike too and they are still lasting longer than trials shoes which are only really worn when riding...

x Dani x

well if youre spending £60 on skate shoes which are mainly designed for skating you might aswell get some trial specific shoes for practically the same price!

Trial shoes have ankle protection, softer soles for a much better feel on the pedal, Increased grip on soles for awkward dabbing on natural, Seem to hug your feet more insted of being loose and baggy like skate shoes. And there just generally more lighter and less big and clumsy on your feet.

Use the search function though (Y)

well if youre spending £60 on skate shoes which are mainly designed for skating you might aswell get some trial specific shoes for practically the same price!

I would rather wear Trials shoes when i'm riding, but i just wear skate shoes. They last longer and they are designed for hard wear and grip. I would much rather have money for about 2 years worth of break pads then a pair of shoes that's going to last 6 months tops, as Dani said people (including me) don't just wear skate shoes on their bike like trials specific shoes.

Edited by tom_wilko

I have ordered some try-alls, expected on monday and I am aware of the sole not lasting very long but I wouldnt mind some shoes that dont feel realy clumsy and big. Also, the soles on some skate shoes are really stiff so you et very little pedal feel and/or grip. The ankle protection would be nice too, as people have said just have a search on here and see what everybody thinks. (Y)

I would rather wear Trials shoes when i'm riding, but i just wear skate shoes. They last longer and they are designed for hard wear and grip. I would much rather have money for about 2 years worth of break pads then a pair of shoes that's going to last 6 months tops, as Dani said people (including me) don't just wear skate shoes on their bike like trials specific shoes.

Thats why i have try-all shoes and skate shoes (Y)

well, you are not allowed shoes without ankle protection for "serious" compage. They are more grippy, look strange (which could be a good thing i guess :D ), the laces get covered so they don't get sucked into your chain/freewheel.

I use the inopea things from tarty bikes. seem to be holding up, but I keep getting them dirty (Y) :P (Y) :) :D

I don't think trials specific shoes are nessecary i think its just a way on cashing in on the hobby like skate shoes aren't really nessecary but people still make them. and people buy them because they will make them skate better its kind of phycology.

What the hell? Skate shoes aren't necessary? Have you ever seen how quickly griptape shreads normal shoes? My god.

What the hell? Skate shoes aren't necessary? Have you ever seen how quickly griptape shreads normal shoes? My god.

PMSL :P :)

You do have a point.Griptape shredded my school shoes,i had to buy a new pair earlier than normal.Ok skate shoes are necessary (Y) Depending on how much you use them,you don't need them if you don't skate alot .Same goes for trials shoes

P.S Hows my spelling and grammer trying to get validated (Y)

Edited by boris_on_trials

Skate shoes stick to griptape better and grip tape wrecks trainers bad so the bottom of a skate shoe is thicker and harder plus there more padding inside so there more comfortable being on your feet all day on a vibrating bored knackers your feet

They've got the elastic bits so when you kickflip etc the shoes stay with you but are still really cumfy and padded incase you fall off (Y)