How Often Does A Magura Need Bleeding?

DeeZee

I've searched and seen a zillon topics on "How do I bleed my maguras/maggies/hs33s" But What i'm trying to find out is if there is any particular service interval for them.

My Onza T-Rex is around 5-6 months old, and i'm wondering, if like a car, there is a recommended service interval for the brakes. I don;t really fancy having to drain and re-fill the brakes if there is no need.

^^^^

too true brakes strictly need bleading yearly but of course in trials brakes have to be running to a higher standard, if your lever pulls a half cm or so without the cylinders moving time for a re bleed

Cause they have air in them (Y)

If you have been running your maggy with loads of TPA, and when you screw it fully off, and the lever feels really loose, asif the piston is stuck in, open the bleed bolt on the slave caliper, and connect your seringe and then push water in as hard as you can, this will push the piston back out (Y)

My brakes feel crap at the moment anyway, but i've lots of problems with the rear of my bike. Hub bearings have gone, QR skewer is bent, rim is too narrow for brakes, derailleur its damaged and slips, and the wheel has tar on it, but its more like vasoline if it gets wet (N)

So its making it tricky to track down the exact problem. But a new wheelbuuild should narrow down the list of suspects.

When there new they don't need doing as much. So as time goes on you will need to them more attention. Mine are 5 years old and need bleeding quite alot.

If the lever comes right back to the bars and you crushing you fingers.

They feel sqiushy

Or sometimes if there not working or feeling nice to ride a bleed sometimes solves the problem.

There is no set rule.

H (Y)

Unlike hydro disk brkaes that use DOT fluid, which is hydrascopic, so degrades if it gets water in it, magiies use mineral oil and so have no service interval over which they are recomended to be bled. magura supply a 5 year leak proof warranty on the factory bleed after all.

I would still bleed them occasioanally, as you get ali and rubber particles that have worn off the internals. last time i bled a set, the old fluid was very dark with bits of stuff.

Oli

ok my front maggie has never been bleed before and works fine and it will be a year in january since i had it, my rear on the other hand has been bleed with water once around april- july time not sure and still going strong hope this helps ric