Onza New Prototype Mod

new_to_trials

This bike look the part and look very strong good thing about this frame is that the chain goes on the in side so its not ging to slap on the chain stay.But this could have its down sides and i nother god thing about it is it has a built in Tension in the frame.

what do you lot think of it to me its looks the dogs :D

comments on the bike please (NOT MY SPELLING)

onza new mod bike

thanks you

sam

i saw him at the YMSA round four.

The bike looked really nice however his was in black but i prefer the colour it was in the prototype pictures.

Slinger made the bike look like it rode really well so im guessing it is a great frame, but he is a world champion so he would ride most frames well.

We have to wait until a good rider but not a world champion to ride one and give a review.

Cheers

Mitch

iv read somewhere that it was released earlier this year but i still dont even know what its called but it does look awsome plus its different you dont see a chain stay like that every other day HOW MUCH!

It hasn't been released yet. It was said to be out befor christmas but i don't think thats going to happen.

I'm guessing the price will be the same as the limey, about £350. But that's just me guessing price won't be known untill it comes out really. It will most likely be more expensive than all the other onza mod frames that are out at the mo.

After a few side hops those chain stays aren't going to look very pretty. :ermm:

Not only that, but now that the bottom part of the chain is above the stay, when you apply forse onto the chain (pedal kicking), the top part becomes taught, and the bottom part loose, so it'll sag downwards and hit the stay. Mind you that's all based on theory.

I still don't understand how you can run a shorter BB with the stays like that. :ermm: But i don't think it'd matter anyway for people running a FFW as the pawls tend to hit the bb shell befor the cranks hit the stays.

Frame would be a beast with normal stay, look...

IPB Image

Edited by JT!

Yeh this frame was posted a long time ago. It looks horrible if you ask me, those chainstays are ugly!

Nice to see that Onza are trying out different ideas, but that one would'nt sell I dont think hence why it isnt in production. Onza used to be budget trials company with little respect but now they are a large renowned company with some world champions under their belt and some nice bikes/frames in their line-up. The best example of these are Danny Butler and the Onza limey frame.

It has taken many frames like this one to realise what works though, they have really tried and I respect that. Rather than blatantly copy they have started to have a go themselves. (Y)

I think the picture Jt just edit that looks amzing, But i do like the new frame's its looks like nothing esle in the trials market.If i was to get mod i would get that frame.

sam

p.s Keep on posting this my frist topic that poeple are staying on writing. <_<

Not only that, but now that the bottom part of the chain is above the stay, when you apply forse onto the chain (pedal kicking), the top part becomes taught, and the bottom part loose, so it'll sag downwards and hit the stay. Mind you that's all based on theory.

I still don't understand how you can run a shorter BB with the stays like that. :ermm: But i don't think it'd matter anyway for people running a FFW as the pawls tend to hit the bb shell befor the cranks hit the stays.

Frame would be a beast with normal stay, look...

IPB Image

And how would you no you have not even had a go on this bike yet this just maybe better then the normal chainstay

sam :rolleyes: